10/11/22 - Mirror

Bonsoir lads. Here's another one, again very late and unedited but I wrote it this morning. At least a wrote something anyway. Ight go read it:

Pansmione

"Hermione, can I come in?"

"Y-yes, Ginny." Hermione was shaking. She had just put on the most beautiful dress she had ever seen, and was literal minutes away from getting married to the love of her life. Ginny walked in, and her jaw fell open.

"Damn, Hermione, you look gorgeous," she said. "If you weren't about to get married I would happily have you."

Despite being so nervous her hands were jumping around like frogs (ribbit), Hermione managed a small laugh. "What about Luna?"

Ginny pretended to have forgotten about her. "Oh yeah her, I forgot I was engaged for a second. Too bad. Anyway," she added, "today is about you, and Pansy. Not me. Except for the fact that it is totally about me because my bridesmaid dress is honestly stunning and no one will be able to take their eyes off me."

Hermione giggled again. She suspected that Ginny had only come in here to try to make her smile, and fortunately the plan was already a success.

"How long do I have?" asked Hermione, taking a small gulp of water and trying very hard to not spill it.

"You have about 10 minutes," Ginny replied, checking her watch. "I have 3. Because Pansy's walking the aisle first, we have to make sure you don't go down until you're already there. No seeing the other bride before the wedding, Mum's orders."

Hermione laughed again, remembering how insistent Mrs Weasley was about planning her wedding with her. She then realised that she didn't have a mirror in the room she was getting dressed in.

"Gin, I don't know what I look like, I don't have a mirror."

"Well, I would come with you to find one but I have to get down there in a minute," said Ginny, opening the door to make sure the coast was clear. "I know where one is though." She proceeded to explain exactly how to get to a room with a mirror before dashing off downstairs to the garden.

Hermione followed her instructions, ending up in a room double the size of the dressing room she had just left. There were mirrors all along one wall to her left, and a dark grey backdrop opposite. Directly ahead, there was a huge open window looking down to the magnificent grounds through the trees.

She took a deep breath, stepped in front of the mirror and fought hard not to cry. Hermione looked almost exactly the same as her mother had done on her wedding day, so many years before. She had obviously not attended it herself as she hadn't been born yet, but she had seen the photo album her parents used to keep on the shelf above the fireplace before they died.

Usually, Hermione wasn't the type of person to believe in the afterlife, or spirits of dead people (apart from ghosts of course, only because she had seen them with her own two eyes), but today she spoke quietly, as though she could really see her mother standing beside her.

"Hello, mum," she began. "I hope you're doing well. I'm alright. I'm amazing, actually. It's my wedding day today. I really wanted you to be there. If spirits existed, or if people from the afterlife could come and visit Earth, I really hope you would come today. I'm getting married to the most beautiful and amazing person in the world. I hope you think she's just as amazing as I do." She took another deep breath, squinting her eyes to not let any tears escape. "I love you. I miss you. I'm doing okay." 

As she turned away, she could have sworn she heard a whisper of 'I love you' back, or maybe it was just the wind. 

First of all, what did you think? 

Second of all, I know Hermione's parents didn't actually die in the books or movies or anything else, but in this one shot thing they did. Idk how, I didn't think that far ahead, but the point is that they did. 

Thirdly, I also know that this isn't really focusing on the Sapphic part, even though the underlying theme is meant to be sapphic. Anygays, this is my story so I can do whatever tf I want.

Lastly... idk something. Here's a fun fact: a group of frogs is called an army 🐸🐸🐸. I love frogs.