Day 6

Namita and Anurag talked to each other as they sipped their tea. After a while, they heard a shouting voice which startled them,

"WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THE SAME THING?!" 

"This was just an accident! No need to make a fuss about it!" they further heard,

"Maa and Baba are arguing! What happened?!" asked Namita worriedly,

"We have to see what going on! Let's go!" replied Anurag as he kept his tea beside and walked outside their room with Namita.

They witnessed both of them arguing which confused them even more.

"NOT MAKE A FUSS ABOUT IT?! THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?! YOU WORRY ME TOO MUCH!"

"I am saying that it's alright! You don't have to worry now! You are just stressing yourself!" replied Bondita as she stood her ground.

"ALRIGHT?! I CAN'T BONDITA! IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO EVEN NOT WORRY ABOUT IT!" shouted Anirudh with rage,

"See! I am not hurt anymore! You can relax now! I just accidentally fall, nothing else! Also, don't forget about what the doctor had said! Don't stress yourself!"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THE DOCTOR HAD SAID! I CAN'T RELAX! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE HURT! I EVEN PROHIBITED YOU FROM DOING THIS! BUT Y-ou..." stopped Anirudh as he began coughing suddenly,

"See? That's why I told you to relax! You don't have any control upon you anger! Here, drink water and relax" said Bondita as she brought a glass of water towards him and patted his back.

He shook her hand away and went towards his study as he said, "You don't need to worry about me...cough...I can handle myself...leave me alone.....cough..cough.".

"Maa! What happened?! Why is Baba angry?" asked Namita as she approached Bondita,

"Well he gets angry usually when it's related to me, so nothing new. I was getting bored so I thought of doing some work. That's why, I decided to wash his clothes instead, and in this process I lost my balance and fall on my back. I am ok now!"

"No! I don't believe you! I will call the doctor!" said Anurag as he took hold of the telephone.

After the check up and taking advice from the doctor Anurag said, "Maa, now you won't go anywhere!"

"But I can't! Your Baba is waiting for me after all!" said Bondita as she walked outside while Anurag sighed.

_________

Bondita quietly opened the study room to see Anirudh sitting on his sofa, gazing towards the floor. As she walked towards him he said,

"I already told you to leave me alone..... I am in no mood to talk to you..."

"Oh, but I just came here to fulfill my promise "

"What promise?"

"You forgot? We promised to resolve any conflict together, remember?"

Anirudh kept quiet while Bondita stood behind him.

"I just want you to listen to me now... I know why you are angry, why you are so worried about me... Due to falling hard from the stairs you still have that pain on your back... That's why, you don't want me to get that pain.... I understand that very well. But, you have to understand the reason why I am telling you to not worry about me anymore "

"Bondita..."

"You can speak later, but now, I want you to listen to me. You have to understand that you are old now. You don't have that strength anymore. So, when you stress yourself, you feel suffocated and take deep breathes. When this happened for the first time, I was very scared, I even began to cry! Then what did you say to me? You told me to not worry too much as this happens a lot at this age. You comforted me then..."

"Well, that wasn't a big deal.." replied Anirudh as he looked towards other direction.

"Same! Likewise, mine is not a big deal too! You can't keep worrying about me a single time! I may face many more issues ahead! That's why, I want to say that, no matter how injured I get, I will always stay by your side" said Bondita as she gently hugged him from behind and rested her head on his.

Anirudh held her hand and frowned a bit.

"I am sorry that I shouted on you earlier...." he said slowly,

"I am used to that so no need to apologise! Are you upset with me anymore?" she asked as she chuckled to herself.

He then began smiling and said, "Not even a bit..."

Note: I hope the wait was fruitful! I am writing it whenever I get time. I want to complete this series before my tests. And, I also want to thank my readers for waiting!(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤