Growing - up at Hogwarts

Growing up was rather good for Raven, especially before she started learning at Hogwarts. She was simply a baby when she was left with her father. It wasn't the easiest thing for her mother, but she had believed it was the best thing.

"Severus you have to."
"What would Potter think?"
"He knows. It was your potion that messed up Severus. She's your child too. We all know that He is coming for us, but they don't know about her. Keep her safe for me."
"Until this is over.. until you are safe Lily."

It wasn't long until Severus had realised he had no way out of the task of bringing up the baby that he'd held. He looked at the small sweep of red hair scattered on her head and bright green eyes that stared up at him, though they were still slightly darker with her mothers they brought up a not quiet there smile. He'd fell into memories of his own childhood many times as the girl was young. Memories of the girls mother and her own parents that helped him and kept him alive, together and calm where his own mother had failed. He'd held the child close as he had looked around the small, cold house seeing the roughness and messiness of all the parts of the house that had fallen into slight disrepair from his lack of care. It was then he decided he would need to fix the house, full of bad memories, so the home would be safe for his little girl who could, hopefully have warmer memories of the home. 

The little girl, officially Raven Lily Snape, has quickly made herself a place in his heart and home. He had been worried when he headed to Hogwarts. He started by heading to Professor McGonagall and explaining the situation as the first member of staff he knew he could trust. He then went to Dumbledore to do the same. They both seemed happy to help or at least be there for them, more so Professor McGonagall then the Headmaster who at first seemed rather hesitant to be around the child who was unable to walk for longer periods of time.  

Raven was a calm quiet child and seemed to radiate joy and happiness whenever around people. McGonagall seemed to love the child even more so when the girl started uttering excited "Aunt Minnie!" almost as soon as "Dada." It took a much longer before Dumbledore gained a title or such which McGonagall let herself be happy about.

When she was around five, she had been playing with her dad's hair after they'd eaten and he was marking his students. She spoke up lightly with a small frown eye's locked on his hair, "Dada, why isn't my hair 'ike yours?" Severus shifted his attention from the parchment to look at his daughter to answer but stopped before he started speaking. His eyes were caught on her hair watching the red darken and black bleeding through it until the colour matched his own.

"it seems... that you have fixed that issue My Little Snake." He told her after a moment when she'd turned to look at his face waiting for a response. "Shall we go show your Aunt McGonagall?"He asked as she started to beam pulling her own hair forward to compare their hair and nodded and gripped a shoulder and smiled at Severus nodding. "To Auntie Minnie!" she demanded nodding as he picked her up heading towards McGonagals office.

As the others found out of the first small magical outbursts both of the other professors took it as the chance to teach the child small parts of magic. McGonagall starts with small charms, focusing on the Cosmetic spells that connected to her first accidental magic. The girl took to it happily learning spells for her hair, eyes and such spells to make herself look different. Giving her books so that she can find things that interest her. Dumbledore had also, of course, taken this as permission to teach the girl some charms. Small, harmless and fun ones of course but Severus had to hold back a sigh at some of the prank like ones.