𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

-~-

-~-

2 months after the events of the disappearance of Enola Holmes, and 8 months before the matchstick mystery.

It was a sunny day in late June, when the wedding of one Adeline Courtenay and one Sherlock Holmes occurred.

To say the day was perfect, would be a statement that didn't do it justice.

Adeline was woken to the smiling faces of her mother, Enola – who had finally opened her own detective agency – and Eudoria (who had finally emerged from her hidings).

"Hello my darling, how are you feeling?" Adeline's mother asked. The wedding was to take place in the small church of the village that the Holmes and Adeline grew up in, so Adeline and her family and friends had taken up residence in the many rooms of the Ferndell Hall for the week.

"Nervous and excited." Adeline replied.

"Well that is to be expected." Eudoria spoke fondly.

With that Enola pulled Adeline from the bed with one heave, and guided her to the ladies' tearoom, where a breakfast of pastries and fruits were laid out.

"Now eat up, we must get you up to the changing room in the next 20 minutes if we are to make a midday wedding." Adeline's mother said, she was stressed and anyone could tell.

"Do not worry Mrs. Courtenay, today will go without a hitch, I'm sure of it." Enola spoke. All Adeline's mother could do was give a conflicted nod and smile at her daughter.

After breakfast, Adeline was dressed and readied in the presence of her mother, the two were in silence soaking up Adeline's last time in her mother's presence as her ward.

"It will not be the same without you." Adeline's mother stated quietly. "I am however so happy for you, my love."

Adeline turned around in her dress, "it feels as if I have waited my entire life for this moment, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

-~-

Everything was on time and running smoothly, her mother, Enola and Eudoria had walked her to the front of the church, where they then left her for their seats in the garden. Her father who after the war had a walking cane, was waiting to walk her down the aisle.

"Are you ready, my dear?" Her father questioned with a smile.

"I am." Adeline spoke with a newfound confidence.

With a nod her father led her down through the front door of the church and started down the aisle. Scanning her eyes through the room, Adeline found her small group of friends and family crowded around.

On Sherlock's side, Eudoria, Enola, and Mycroft stood smiling, behind them some local friends from the village. On her own side, her mother, aunt and uncle, and a few scattered friends. She ever found Edith's smiling face among the masses.