4

After what happened to Lisa and me, she and I remained indifferent the next day at school. I had the impression she was attempting to reduce the tension between us, but of course my attitude took over and I began talking nonsense again. So Lisa chose to maintain our distance.

Then, a week later, I assumed it was just because we were both drunk. People were a little disorganized, so the party wasn't as enjoyable as it was the last time. We didn't even exchange words when I then noticed Lisa standing outside the porch. This time, there is sexual tension between us, and neither of us is drunk.

Lisa will most likely not even take the first step. So I just stand next to her and pull her close, keeping a short distance in case she doesn't want it. And, just like the last time, it all ended with us naked in one bed room.

The same thing happened, and we didn't discuss it the next day. I mean, it's fine; neither of us is in a relationship where what we're doing is inappropriate. It didn't just happen twice; we do it on occasion at a friend's party if we're with a good group of people who are too drunk to notice either of us.

But after a while of just that, I kind of wish Lisa would strike up a natural conversation with me like she does with everyone else. I mean, I make an effort to not be a bitch when speaking with her, but like I said, it just comes naturally.

"Rosie," I uttered.

"Hmm?" she hummed, her gaze fixed on the stall where she was trying to decide what to eat. I told her I'd buy her something, but I just wanted to ask her a question.

"Do you know if Lisa is with someone?" I inquire.

"Aren't you two sleeping together?" she inquires. I assumed Jisoo was the only one who noticed.

"How did you know?" I inquire. She shifts her gaze away from the food and toward me.

"Everyone is aware."

I'm confused, "How? Did Lisa tell them?"

"People have eyes, and they see you two making out, but Lisa told me you're not together, so when people ask, I make it clear for both of you."

"So, she's not with anyone?" I ask

"She's not with anyone, nor does she like anyone, and if she does, she'll stop sleeping with you, so that's that," she chuckled as she pointed to the food she wanted. "Two, please," Rosie requested of the kitchen staff.

"Did she tell you anything about me?" I ask.

"Hmm... well, I asked her if she likes you because people are saying you two look good together," she said, focusing her attention on me this time while we waited for our food.

"And?"

"She told me she thinks you're attractive," Rosie says.

"Attractive... and?" I ask.

"That's it... what do you want to hear?"

I inquire, "what then if she finds me attractive?"

"That's why she sleeps with you; she finds you attractive, but I don't think that's a good enough reason for her to have more than what you two have now." oh.. So she's basically easing the sexual tension.

"What does she like?" I ask, obviously not thinking clearly.

"Hmm... someone with a good attitude?" she joked, but I'd take it as an honest response as well.

After school, mum said she couldn't pick me up because she had a meeting, so I acted impulsively and texted Lisa my address. Of course, she inquired as to its purpose. I lied and told her that Rosie had requested one of my projects so she could see the format. I even texted Rosie to simply confirm whatever Lisa asked for. Rosie is generous enough to shrug it off and do as she is told. I took a cab home and went upstairs to change. I go through my papers from previous projects and place them in a folder so I can continue to use them as an excuse.

When Lisa arrived, I just went for it. When Lisa entered my room, I grabbed her and pinned her against the wall. She  didn't object and simply kissed me. I truly wanted to take it slowly and passionately, but what can I expect in sex when the other person does not feel the same way about me? So everything went by faster than I expected. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish it could last a little longer. She checks the time on my bedside when we're finished, and it's almost 5.

"You can sleep if you're sleepy," I said, noting that she appeared tired.

"No, it's fine," she said as she stood up and began putting on her clothes. Is it really just that for her?

"Have you finished your homework for tomorrow?" I ask, trying to strike up a conversation as I get up to put on some of my clothes.

"I have not," she says briefly.

"As expected," my mouth is refusing to cooperate.

"Yeah," she simply accepted what I had just said. "Where is the project?" I pointed to it on my desk, and she took it while adjusting the sleeves of her jacket. I should've just told her I could help her with her homework or something less bitchy. I lead her out, and to our surprise, mum had just entered the house.

"Oh, who do we have here?" Mum inquires.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim," Lisa said courteously.

Mum approached Lisa while putting her things on the couch and asking, "Good afternoon, hun, what's your name?"

"Lisa, Jennie's classmate," she explained. In my opinion, we are more than just classmates.

"Oh, is she the one you keep calling a shithead?" Wonderful mother, absolutely fantastic. I thought I couldn't screw up any more. Lisa only smiled with her lips pursed.

"I should go home, it'll get darker in a minute," she excused herself. She gave me a quick nod before walking away.

"She's very attractive," Mum remarks.

"And you called her a shithead right there and then," I said, still irritated.

"Well, that's how you talk about her.. wait- isn't she the one you" mum looks at my clothes and realizes it "I swear Jennie, you should stop calling her shithead or I'm going to send you into an orphanage. I can't believe I had that first impression to someone you're fucking sleeping with? How the hell will she ask you out now?"

"How is that my fault?" I wondered.

"It's your fault... I could've invited her to dinner and cooked her the best food so she'll put up with your attitude and start dating you so she can visit for my food," she explained.

"She wouldn't even talk to me... why would dating me even occur to her?" I inquire.

"I told you to be nice on the first day... look at what you have now," she said, and she's not wrong.