Chapter 2

Harry groaned out quite loudly. He blinked open his eyes and sat up and looked out of the side window. It was morning and perfect time to tour New York a bit.

Harry wasn't sure what he would end up taking up as his profession now. Sure, he had wanted to be an Auror, but it was a lie. It was never Harry's desire, it was his stupid conscience and sense of duty.

It wasn't bad, but he would choose what he wanted. Not what Dumbledore wanted him to. He got up instantly when a knock was heard. "Come in!"

The door opened and Abraham's head peeked out "Hey Harry, just wanted to let you know that breakfast is ready."

Harry gave him a thumbs up "Yeah, getting there in a minute."

He brought out his Elder Wand and swished it to make himself presentable. Then he walked briskly to the dining room.

It was big, but nothing too extravagant. Mary was nowhere to be seen. Upon seeing Harry's inquiring eyes, Abe said "Oh, she's gone to the News Reporting Office. I'll be gone after you've eaten for duty."

Harry nodded "Sure. Hey, can you tell me some places I can visit here?" Abe munched on his bread for a bit before answering, "Yeah, it's no problem. There's..."

*

"Seaweed Brain, it's getting late!" a female voice was shouting at him. The 'Seaweed Brain' in question was murmuring sleepily "Just one more minute, please..."

The girl rolled her gray eyes. Then she went close to the teenage boy's ear and whispered "Are you sure? Too bad, I'll eat all the cookies Sally made."

Percy sat up upright, his eyes showing panic "Where?" Annabeth couldn't hold in and burst out laughing. Percy noticed Annabeth and huffed "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up all you want."

Annabeth then shoved him a bag "Here." Percy blinked and took the bag in his hands. It was not that big. Then he suddenly remembered. Today was his first day in the University.

"Oh Had-" He started cursing before Annabeth interrupted "No, I managed to get you up in time. Now hurry, before we actually get late."

Percy got up from his bed quickly and put on his shirt in hurry. He grabbed a toast lying above the dining table before rushing out with Annabeth.

And so, Percy reached the University with bread crumbs visible in his shirt.

*

The Master of Death sighed in exasperation. Britain or not, people still seemed to know him, albeit less. Every now and then he would notice people pointing at him and whispering. For the people not to associate with muggles at all in the past, they were mingling quite well. He just decided to ignore them all.

He walked ahead, marveling at the new structures the city had to offer. Quite a few times, he passed some Greek deity statues.

New York really felt different from Britain. While Privet Drive had a lot of space for private houses and bungalows, NY had high rise buildings, with a lot of families living inside.

The differences were quite overwhelming, and Harry smiled slightly. He could tour himself all he wanted and nobody would stop him.

After about half an hour of walking, he found himself in Central Park, Manhattan. There was greenery everywhere, and the air was fresh. If Harry hadn't heard it from Neville, this place had quite a bit of magic in the surroundings.