𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺. ~

━━━━━ ━ ~ . ° ۫ ݂ ๋ 𝆴 ~ ۪ ۫ ࣭ ۪ ☾ 。⋰ , ~ ♥

scara buried his face in his hands the entire time you two walked home.

he felt absolutely horrible, failing the one thing that he was supposed to do.

protect you.

even though the situation you guys were put in wouldn't have been something you could've easily predicted and prepared for,

scara still felt like a terrible boyfriend.

"hey, scar, i'm not mad at you okay? this was out of any of our control and it isn't your fault.." you held his hand tightly.

scar cursed to himself and before you knew it, you guys were back at his apartment.

"aren't you gonna let us in, comrade?" childe pouted.

scara gritted his teeth and glared at the fatui group. "fuck no." he slammed the door and locked it.

you were gonna protest, but you knew that would only make things worse entirely.

"do you wanna take some time to relax for a bit, scara?" you asked softly, gently rubbing the base of his skull. he seemed to have a headache.

he nodded quietly and you two laid down on his comfy bed.

you kissed his temple and forehead and began playing with his adorable long mullet. he scoffed but let you anyways.

"i love you so much, scar." you smiled and reaffirmed his doubting self. scara flushed pink.

"m-mhm... love you too.. y/n.." he buried his face in your chest, this was one of the few rare times where scara wasn't the one being straightforward and dominant.

"meow..." a familar furry friend hopped into the bed and curled in scaras lap.

it's like cloud could tell that scara was really upset and wanted to comfort him... what an adorable cat!

"hey cloud..." scara smiled and began patting her floofy head, she purred softly.

"not only am i pissed because i couldn't help you, but because none of those so-called "friends" did anything. they just stood and watched.." he sighed. 

you couldn't blame him, you would've felt the same way too.

"why wouldn't they help, though? we're their friends..." you tilted your head in confusion.

scara sighed and continued to pat cloud.

"that's the thing, i am not exactly sure as well. it doesn't add up." scara looked down.

~

an idea popped in your head.

"should we ask kazuha? he seems like he's really smart with that sort of thing." you inquired.

scara nodded and grabbed his phone to call kazuha.

ring ring...

"hello? kazu? yes, it's kuni. i need to ask you something."

silence for a few seconds.

"yeah, it's about what happened earlier... did you see it?" scara asked, kind of ashamed.

he put the phone on speaker.

"yeah, i did. i am really sorry about all of that, i would've helped but i arrived right towards the end of the fight." kazuha's tone definitely sounded apologetic.