Chapter 35 - Secrets

CATHERINE'S POV:

We were called to attend the mourning of Queen Lucy's death. Although she was not one of my favourites, I also cannot deny the fact now, that all she did was protect me. Us.

"You okay?" my sister Siya asked. When we met again, I could see how happy she was.

"Yeah I am fine" I replied standing quietly beside her.

"So how is your new family?" She asked finally.

"Um- They are good, we are still learning to cope with each other" I replied honestly.

She chuckled at my words. She knows I am not an extroverted person. "Cath?" She called looking at me. I turned around to meet her beautiful blue eyes. They looked sad.

"What happened Siya?" I asked concernedly. I don't know but I could feel she was really worried. But I couldn't read her thoughts. That is the least she wants right now. So I gave her time to process.

"Promise me you won't forget me?" She asked. And I could only stare at her. Everything has indeed changed now. There are things I need to find out. There are responsibilities I need to carry. But it was for sure that I wouldn't forget her for a million important reasons. She was the reason why I survived all of my life.

"Never!"

She hugged me immediately and I returned the favour.

"Princess Cathrine?" Someone called. It was grand Mika. Amiera was right, she was strange. And most importantly I couldn't read her mind. That was the first time when my powers were not working on someone.

"Y-yes grandma" I stuttered. I am not sure if it was due to her dangerous stare or the aura she carries.

"I guess you forgot the rules. Call me Queen Mika. A princess should always know how to behave in public." She spits in anger. Ah, I forgot she didn't like us calling her grandma. Shesaid she was not sure if we were the real princesses or not! She was taking precautions.

"Right, I am sorry Queen Mika." I replied.

"You would be, no wonder why you didn't get the manner, clearly showing your upbringing is the issue. Anyway, as a princess, you must stand with the royals. "Don't let people know where you have been brought up okay?" She orders. She was dominant and mean. I want to kill her right there, but sadly I can't.

I nodded and went away to where Dristan and the others stood. I could see how Siya felt sad when I had to leave because of the names we carry.

How ironic isn't it? Being the princess and the future heir of Maximus, we don't really have much leeway.

*********

SOFIA'S POV:

It has been quiet for some time in Assyr. Although we are very new here, over these past six months we have tried to get along. But it was either Grandma Mika or Queen Lucy who didn't really want us to learn. But thankfully with father's order, we were to teach how to be a princess.

Still, there are secrets that we need to find. We need answers to all the questions that we have in our minds.

"It is better in Assyr than in Angbotain," Helen said while sitting beside me. I guess she just returned from her riding lessons. "Brother Chen and Aunt Amanda would never let me do these things. I love it here." She said with a smile.

"Well, I think you are still just a kid. You couldn't see how trapped we are here!" Amiera says while coming in from her lesson too.

"What? No, I am not a kid?" Helen yelled at her.