Chapter 4

Narrator: Mirajane opened the door with a big triumphant grin. Her plan was a success. She gently lifted up the two mischievous kids, putting them down in the empty hallway. The students have all gone home after the bell rang an hour ago.

Half an hour later, Wendy woke up. She wondered on why she was now outside the storage room with Romeo. It was already getting dark.

Wendy (panicking): Oh no! I slept for too long! (turns to Romeo) Hey! Wake up! Let's go home! It's already getting dark, and we might get locked up in this school if you don't hurry.

Romeo (groans, groggily rubbed his eyes): Huh? O-Okay. Let's go home. Oh. It's getting dark. I should walk you home. Magnolia's a dangerous place, you know.

Narrator: Wendy was flustered—she didn't know Romeo had a side like this. But she wondered. By now, she must've played plenty of tricks on Romeo. So how come she doesn't want to play tricks on him?

She let Romeo walk her home, knowing that her big brother, Natsu, would scold her for getting home so late. She haven't prepared a valid excuse yet. Romeo was silently walking with Wendy as he followed her to her house.

Reaching the house, Wendy thanked Romeo as she grinned at her perfect excuse.

Natsu (glaring at Wendy): Ehem. Wendy.

Wendy: Hi, brother. I was making a project. It was a punishment.

Natsu (crosses arms, still glaring): Oh really? Yeah, I know. That's why you were with that guy. In the middle of the freaking night, he took you home. I wonder what punishment was that.

Lucy (from inside the kitchen, shouting): Natsu, honey! I need you to help me wash the dishes!

Natsu: Later! I need to deal with Wendy and his friend. (turns to Romeo and Wendy) So...? (smiles)

Narrator: Wendy gulped. She totally forgot that she was with Romeo, taking her home! Worse, in the middle of the night! Romeo, on the other hand, looked completely oblivious as to what was happening.

Wendy (crosses arms): Look, brother. You know him. He's a michievous kid like me. We were both punished by Mirajane for being such playful kids.

Natsu (sighing, frustrated): I don't know if I should buy your excuse, but okay, you go in, Wendy. And you, (points at Romeo) make sure you didn't take away Wendy's virginity.

Wendy (shout): Natsu!! Stop it!

Natsu (nods): I have my eyes on you. (closed the door in front of Romeo's flustered face after hearing virginity.)