2.The Desire

Karan's fingers were so cold against Teja's warm skin, every touch felt like small snowflakes; his long pale jade-like fingers followed the trail of veins on Teja's arms; his red eyes flashing attractively every time he gazed at her.The radiation in his eyes ignited untameable flames in Teja's heart and-

And she woke up from the repetitive dream that she'd been having for the past three days. she rubbed her eyes and blinked few times before coming back to reality, "What's happening to me?" she glanced at Zoya who was sitting on the bed playing game on her phone and hoped that she hadn't seen or heard anything unusual.

"Teju." Zoya called, still looking at her phone. "What were you dreaming about?" she smirked mischievously, "it must've been very pleasant."

"What?!" Teja jolted, "What did I do?"

she logged off the game and laughed. "Who is Karan?"

"What? How do you know him?" Teja started to sweat nervously.

"You were muttering his name the whole time while you were asleep." Zoya's laughter loudened.

"What? Kill me now." Teja hid her face behind her palms in embarrassment.Zoya clenched her stomach and continued to laugh louder, "Come on, spill."

"He's the man who came to the bar after closing time asking for a bloody mary." Teja sighed, "He has red eyes."

"What? Was he wearing contacts? I didn't notice." Zoya pondered, "so did you kissed?"

"No,no!"Teja waved her hand no, her cheeks still red from embarrassment, "and I mean his eyes, they naturally change color." She pointed to her eyes with her two fingers.

Teja had searched the internet for possible scientific reasons to why people might have red eyes but didn't find anything convincing. She began to think that she might have imagined the whole thing.

"Yeah right," Zoya rolled her eyes and approached Teja, encircling her arm around her shoulder, "Listen Tejudi, I think it's time , you need to find a Boyfriend."She grinned, "because dreaming about a stranger with red eyes whom you only met once is not healthy."

Teja slapped away Zoya's arm, "I'm not crazy, it happens! I've read about it." she scoffed. "It's psychological."

"Listen, how about this?" Zoya clapped her hands together, "I have a friend coming from abroad, I'll invite him to the bar tonight and introduce you to him." She suggested, "What do you say?"

"I'm not sure..." Teja hesitated, "I don't think-"

"Oh come on!" Zoya insisted, "What's the worst that could happen? If you don't like him just reject him; but at least try meeting with him first." she shrugged.

What Zoya was saying seemed reasonable. Maybe meeting someone new will stop her from dreaming about Karan every day; it's been three days and the dreams were so evident and real that Teja had started to worry too. But what Zoya didn't know is that Teja had been purposely working late at the bar and always offering to close up in hopes to see Karan again. But she began to feel frustrated when he hadn't showed up at all, so maybe it was time to move on from this irrational desire.

***

"Shivi ! I'm telling you, she wasn't afraid at all!" Karan narrated the past events happily.

"I showed her my eyes, multiple times! And she wasn't afraid at all."

"How is that a good thing?" Shivangi poured him another glass of blood, "She will be roaming the streets telling everyone she saw a person with red eyes. How is that a good thing?"

"It doesn't matter, no one will believe her anyway." He took a sip,"Shivi, she smells so good. It's like there's sugar and vanilla and Chocolate and caramel all mixed together in her blood." He spat the sip he just took, "that's disgusting!" he slammed the glass against the wall.

Shivangi laughed, "Master, you still remember the taste of sugar and vanilla and strawberry and caramel?" She fumbled between the blood bags in the small fridge to find him a better one.

"I must taste her." Karan stood up, "at least a few drops..." he whispered.

"But your powers don't work on her," Shivi reminded him, "she will panic and bring attention to you, and you won't be able to compel her to stay silent or forget."

"She's different." Karan argued, "I told you she wasn't afraid."

Karan had considered himself to be a monster ever since he was turned few hundred years ago; although he loved to see the look of fear and surrender on people's faces, yet he still reminisced the days when he could be himself again, when he could feel human again. And when Teja didn't show him any fear; he saw a chance; a chance to live again. He didn't want to ask questions or make reason of the endless possibilities to why his powers didn't work on her, he just wanted to enjoy the sweet coincidence before it goes away.

"she wasn't afraid of your eyes, but biting her neck and drinking her blood is something else..." She reasoned. "Just forget about her; there are many other delicious people whom you can compel out there; if you drink from her you'll have to kill her to keep her mouth shut."

Karan grabbed his coat which he didn't really need, "I will not kill her."

"Why are you so fixated on her?" Shivangi set down her glass, "is it just because she smells good?"

Karan was annoyed with all the questions, "can't I like her?"

"Oh no...." Shivangi sighed and frowned, "Exactly! You can't... Vampires and humans can't-"

"Do I have blood on my face?" He suddenly asked diverting the subject as he bent down to face her.

"No..."

"Ok then, I'll be leaving now." He disappeared.

"But this is wrong !" She shouted, chasing after him to the door. "he's definitely crazy..." She sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter End Notes

Oh hello there ;) Thank you for reading and for all the votes!

I love you guys so much.

So what do you think ? Will they meet ? will Teja move on ?

and also since the characters for Karan and Teja obviously have a face....should I give a face to the side characters too ?

Let me know what you think in the comments!

if you like this story and look forward for more, knowing what are you looking forward to would really help!

really thankful for all the love and support ya'll have been showering to this !