13. What if

The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun. It was a breezy evening , Zoya was in the kitchen , making some super hot chocolate for the three of us.
I , on the contrary was looking for the perfect netflix show for us to binge. Today was our day of the week ! it was meant to be spent together , for more bonding and funn !!

Teja quickly took her phone and dialed his number , and the moment he picked up she started to yell at him , "what is wrong with you ??! ,
where the hell have you been ?
and why on earth are you still not home ?!!"

"areee baba cominggg !! I am right in front of your favourite cupcake store !! and for god sake it is so jammed !! picking them right away and coming , ok byee !" he hungs up.

"Zoyaaa , look at this brat ! just few days and this guy has started to hang up on me !! , wait let him come back home " Teja vented angrily.

"hahahaha..He is learning from the best " jokes Zoya.

It's been a while since Teja moved back in her home. She rejoined the bar and has been working all day and night to keep herself busy and and in order to balance out everything..the three of them had decided sunday as the D day for them to spend time together, and the door bell rings .

Teja got up and walked swiftly to the door and opened it, to see Karan standing. She got startled and closed the door impulsively.

She sat down on the nearest stool her hands could touch , all red and flustered.

meanwhile the bell rang again , and thinking nobody must have opened the door , Zoya came out only to find Teja in that unnerve position. She rushed towards her , gave her some water and asked ,
"what happened Teju ? , why are you sweating so much ?"

teja couldn't say anything , she felt her heart pounding, as if her whole world came crashing down , fumbling and confused...she directed towards the door through her trembling hands.

 Zoya heard the loud knocks on the door, she quickly went and opened it , a flushed Teja looked for the face and felt relieve seeing Shiv. 

Teja rushed towards him and hugged him tightly. 

Shiv , who was startled by the sudden act of affection , shooted questions at Zoya through his eyes , he Felt his sister's pounding heart and patted on her back , comforting her.

All of them went inside and Shiv made Teja sit down on the couch  carefully. She drank some water and blurted out his name ,
Karan's name . 

few weeks ago...

Teja ignored the self-insult that Karan trained himself to endure, she leaned in and kissed his nose, his lips, his chin, his cheeks, every part of his beautiful face, "now that the previous bond is broken, can we create another when you turn me?"

"no Teja this is not happening...I know how this will end" He exclaimed.

"you have to leave !"

"you will leave.."

tired with the never ending fight , they both dozed off.

the days passed with Teja focusing on Karan's full recovery , as much as she wanted to continue their last argument , Karan's health was everything for her. during this whole time they only shared a word or two as they were still cold towards each other.

Teja decided to talk tonight again as Karan was all convalesced.

"Karan..." Teja spoke in a hoarse, sleepy voice.

"Teja." He smiled but Teja's eyes were still closed and he couldn't see the loving, satisfactory smile.

"Have you thought about it?"