3.Colder Than Snow

The bar was loud and messy as Teja was used to, but today Zoya had offered to take some of the work off her back so she could sit with the new guy who came from abroad. Before leaving, Teja had put on her favourite black leather pencil skirt with a black fitted top, tied her hair up neatly loosening down a few strands, and wore back the sparkly earrings that she had neglected for months. Zoya had thought that she was all dressed up for her friend; but to Teja, it was all for someone who might or might not come.

"I've heard a lot about you." The handsome boy, Zoya's friend, said politely as he took a seat at the bar in front of Teja.

"Same, same." Teja forced a polite smile, she then glanced at the door and looked back Zoya's friend. "So... Do you like the cocktail?"

"Are you waiting for someone?" The guy also looked back at the entrance.

"No, no." Teja shook her head, "I'm just checking if there are any new customers."

"Relax. I told Zoya to handle the rest so that you can be free to sit with me." The guy seemed really interested in Teja.

"I still need the tips." Teja said coldly.

The guy reached out and pulled a full 1000 rupees (Indian currency) bill from his wallet and placed it under the glass. "Here's a tip... Spend the night with me?"

Teja was irritated by the trashy gesture; "You can have it back."

Suddenly, a whiff of wind blew past Teja and she could swear that she smelled the same faint pleasant smell that encircled Karan the last time she saw him. 

"Karan?" She mouthed to herself.

"Then spend the night with me without a tip." The guy took the money back, "don't play hard to get."

"Excuse me, I have work to do." Teja rejected him again and turned around but the guy grabbed her arm.

"You work here and you're still playing hard to get?" He tightened his grip on Teja, he looked like he was offended by Teja's rejection.

"What the fuck? Let go!" she shook him off, "Watch your words! If you weren't Zoya's friend,I'd-"

"You'd what?" The guy jumped over the bar into Teja's space, "You'd what...?

"Teja was prepared to punch him in the face when the guy was suddenly pushed back into the other corner of the bar, attracting the attention of the all the customers present. The music suddenly stopped and everybody was silently, attentively watching the scene. After the sudden turn of events Teja finally noticed the man in front of her. Karan grabbed her arm and led her into where Zoya's friend struggled in the corner. He released her and roughly pulled Zoya's friend up with his shirt, "Apologize."

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong, she works here doesn't she?" The guy was too arrogant. 

Karan's eyes flashed red again and Teja looked at him with curiosity and admiration; almost forgetting the situation at hand.

"Kneel, apologize." Karan ordered. 

Zoya's friend unexpectedly knelt down and apologized. Karan's eyes brightened again, "Now say you are a worthless piece of trash."

"I'm a worthless piece of trash." The guy repeated.

"Now answer this, do you like Teju?" As soon as the words left Karan's mouth, Teja panicked and turned away to hide her anxious expression.

"Who is Teju?"

Karan dropped the guy and looked at Teja, his eyes turned back into their normal color, he felt somehow hurt and betrayed. He abruptly grabbed her and in a split second they were on the roof of the building. 

Teja staggered slightly after the sudden swift movement then steadied herself and grasped her surroundings. The roof was painted white from the snow that fell smoothly around them. It was cold and breezy, Teja shivered slightly and glanced at Karan who seemed unaffected by the coldness of the weather. He was dressed all in black, his eyes radiated a blazing red, and the snow reflected beautifully on his skin under the night sky. There was another whiff of wind disheveling Karan's dark messy hair, it flew elegantly against his face and Teja had never seen anything more gorgeous and enchanting.

But Karan's expression was not as relaxed as Teja thought; he was burning with anger and what seemed like jealousy. "You lied."

"So?" Teja raised an eyebrow.

"What's your name?" Karan asked again.

"Tejasswi." She hugged herself tighter to shield against the cold.

"But I prefer Teja." Karan took a step forward, the snow building a white crown on his dark hair, "and I prefer to call you Teju."

Teja was now freezing, "can we talk inside? It's cold." She shivered, teeth clicking on eachother, lips almost turning blue.

"Quit your job."

"What?" Teja was taken aback by the sudden impossible request. "I don't have time for this,I'm going back." she moved but Karan quickly blocked her way, their bodies only millimeters apart.

"Quit your job." Karan persisted, "I don't want people eye-raping you all night."

"I don't want that either, but who pays my bills?" Teja paused and reconsidered, "wait, what does that have to do with you anyway? Do I even know you?!"

"I can give you anything you want." Karan's eyes brightened again. "Quit your job. I don't want others to look and drool over you."

 His cold thumb stroked Teja's lower lip stretching it sideways slightly. 

The sultry gesture spread goosebumps all over Teja's body; but of course, her mouth said the opposite. "Creep, move." She tried to push him but it was like pushing stone. "What's your problem?"

"How come you never ask me anything? Aren't you curious why I am like this?" He leaned closer against Teja's neck, "and how come I can't resist you?" He inhaled her scent, "you're so warm and you smell so good..."

"What the-"

Karan interrupted her by pushing her into the snow and pinning her down in place, he moved her head sideways exposing her smooth neck and pulping veins, "Just a few drops..." he licked his lips. "I will not lose control..."

"What are you doing?! Get off me!"

"Just a few drops..." He brushed the hair and snow away from Teja's neck, "Teju... this will hurt a bit..." He caressed her face with his fingertips, "Don't be afraid..."

Teja's heart pounded and her pupils widened at the icy touch; she suddenly remembered the dreams she'd been having the past few days and relaxed her muscles as she sank into the snow. "Your hands are so cold..." She touched the snow on the ground, "...colder than the snow."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter End Notes

Oh hello there ;) Thank you for reading and for all the Votes! 

Means a lot.

So what do you think? Karan proceed with his 'activity' ?

Let me know what you think in the comments!

if you like this story and look forward for more, Votes would really help!And don't hate Karan yet! He will fix it!