Chapter 5

[We cut to a cabin in the woods, at the bank of a lake. We see Tony Stark sitting outside what looks like a tiny shed.] TONY STARK: [Clapping his hand in a famous beat. Clap! Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap- Clap!] Chow time! [He seems to be speaking to someone unknown by the audience.] Maguna? Morgan H. Stark. You want some lunch?
MORGAN STARK: Define lunch or be disintegrated. [She puts on a silver and blue helmet similar to Iron Man's]
(A girl with long dark hair walks out in front of Tony. This is Morgan Stark, Tony and Pepper's daughter. She looks to be about 3 & 4 years of age.)

TONY STARK: Okay, You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom. (Takes the helmet off Morgan's head. She emerges out smiling mischievously.)
MORGAN STARK: Okay.
TONY STARK: There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce.
MORGAN STARK: No.
TONY STARK: That's what you want. How did you find this?
MORGAN STARK: Garage.

TONY STARK: Really? Were you looking for it?
MORGAN STARK: No. I found it, though.

TONY STARK: You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her.
[Suddenly, Amanda Quill, who was now 17 years old, came out of the cabin calling for Tony and Morgan]
Amanda:I finished making everyone lunch, Mr. Stark!
Tony:Thanks, Amanda.Come on.
(They start walking towards the house, but Tony notices a black Audi pulling coming to a stop a few meters away. Steve, Nat, and Scott get out of the car. Tony sighs. He is not looking forward to the discussion about to take place.)
SCOTT LANG: (Cut to after Scott's plan has been explained to Tony) Now, we know what it sounds like...
STEVE ROGERS: Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?
TONY STARK: Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?
(Scott, Steve and Nat all look puzzled. Science is barely any of their fields.)
STEVE ROGERS: (Tony giving a drink to him.) Thank you.
TONY STARK: In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home.

SCOTT LANG: I did.
TONY STARK: No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?

SCOTT LANG: (Trying to hide his pride) A time heist?
TONY STARK: Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?
SCOTT LANG: The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them.
NATASHA ROMANOFF: We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back.
TONY STARK: Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?

STEVE ROGERS: I don't believe we would.

TONY STARK: Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise.

SCOTT LANG: Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -

TONY STARK: I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?

SCOTT LANG: [embarrassed] No.

TONY STARK: Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works.
NATASHA ROMANOFF: Tony... We have to take a stand.
TONY STARK: We did stand. And yet, here we are.

SCOTT LANG: I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. [His voice gets louder as he tries to sell his desperation to Tony.] And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even...

TONY STARK: That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got a kid.Plus, Amanda is under our care right now. She just lost her father along with her whole family because of Thanos.

[Morgan runs to her dad, who picks her up.]
MORGAN STARK: Mommy told me to come and save you.
TONY STARK: Good job. I'm saved. [Turning to face Cap, Nat and Scott.] I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for six.

STEVE ROGERS: Tony, I get it. And I'm happy for you, I really am. But this is a second chance. TONY STARK: I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't roll the dice again. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch.

[We see Cap, Nat and Scott walking back to their car outside Tony's house.]

NATASHA ROMANOFF: He's scared.
STEVE ROGERS: He's not wrong.
SCOTT LANG: Yeah, but I mean, what are we gonna do? We need him. What, are we gonna stop?

STEVE ROGERS: No, I wanna do it right. We're gonna need a really big brain.

SCOTT LANG: (Incredulous, pointing to Tony's house) Bigger than his?