||°~ "Love" ~°||

I need to not pick up my phone
I'll go straight to airplane mode
Find something to do alone

I can be a little bit cold
But my third eye is going blind
I'm unaligned with my body and mind

It's playing tricks,
I say "I'm fine" But really, it's hurting me deep inside 

-

Ratau and Lambert had some time to help doctrinate the poor sacrifice into the cult and not too soon after, many had slowly come to worship the god of life and death upon the cult. filled with peace and harmony but also filled with violence and war.
mostly because many of the members wanted to be Lambert's witness or attendee, all that Narinder could advise was make them fight to the death. just don't tell his little sibling that he told them. 
the cult was growing in power, and so was Narinder. 

But lately, Ratau had been a little down in the dumps as he sat upon a stump. Lambert was a little tad too busy to notice as they were speaking to you on the crystal given to them.

the rat was looking at the grass as he held onto his staff, his tail coiled slightly, his mind went to someone he deeply missed. his face had a somber expression with hints of sadness and longing.

 that someone was his brother, Ratoo, he hadn't seen him for quite a bit and ever since that incident had happened with him. he was afraid to face him from the failure he has committed, he wishes to be in his brother's shoes if it meant he had a better position.

-
'Cause I been dreaming about you, oooh~
I've been wishing that I was next to you, oooh~
 I've been dreaming of us, oh~

I've been thinking that this is not a need or a must, but-

-

Lambert walked to Ratau, a feeling came to them from their staff that the rat felt rather upset but could not get the feeling on what he was upset about. 

once Lambert was close enough, they placed a hand over Ratau's shoulder which made him jump but didn't scare him for too much. he looked up at the lamb and smiled.
"heyya bucko, need any help with some of the members? I can tell you what to do if they dissent" he offers but the lamb politely declines. 

"The one who waits will teach me that, but The one who births would like to know why you're feeling upset? is there something bothering you?" Lambert questioned with a tone of concern in their voice, Ratau just sighed because he knew he couldn't keep it in for long. 

"In private, bucko, meet me after doing your objectives for today" 

-
Love has driven me so, so wrong
This year all I've got to show are songs
And I want to be super duper true to you
But God, I don't know what to do

'Cause last year I was just 22
Feels like it up and flew so far away, and out of view
But 23 seems like me and you

-

Lambert could only hum in agreement as the crown looked down at Ratau, it seems like TOWW is curious upon the matter but decided to go against asking for answers for there was no time to get listening to some sappy story he could possibly know about in his assumptions.
he had to teach the lamb how to lead a cult after all, he'll have to let this one slide under the carpet until all the teachings are done. 

The crowned lamb went to their members, listening to what death had to teach while the Rat would sit down and watch as time flew by. his mind slowly going through memories. 

The last time he saw his dear brother was when he had failed to bring him back a heart. 
You see, long ago the two brothers in arms took TOWW's abilities to their own personal use and gain which had lead to them getting arrogant and cocky. Though the Black Death that took form of a cat had warned them not to so many times on multiple occasions, those pesky rascals wouldn't listen.

One night, they had a very risky gambling session with a fox. 
Oh how dreadful that night was, how Ratau wanted to take everything back. 

yet in the end, he had lost to reunite his brother with a heart he needed so.

How could he live with this guilt that resides within his own heart?
he needs help but he just does not know how to ask for someone.
For he had lost that ability long ago when he was a vessel. 

a cocky, arrogant, bold, vessel.

-
I know sometimes I make you feel insane
Sorry that's just how I play this stupid game

I can't act like a child and disobey
All that you want from me and that you say-

"I'm sorry, baby, please, puppy"
I'm trying to be ultra mega happy
And show you my smile, and send you my feelings
And fuck, it is so hard being so damn far

-

Once Lambert and Ratau got their private moment together, it was time for him to confess a bit about his past to Lambert. 
He had time to think about it and he had put every inch of nook and cranny in his belief that maybe the crowned Lamb with a staff would help greatly. 

that maybe if he convinces one would greatly know what to do such as the gods they follow under suit, everything might go back to normal at last. 

Ratau sat on a stump nearby and started to tell his past to the ever so listening Lamb, who intently focuses their attention to him. 

When he was done, the Lamb can understand how hard it is to deal with the burden that is losing a family member, though his family dead. it must be hard to deal with not having a heart and still live after all. 

questionable of how his brother is still alive but still, hard and sympathetic to think about over-all. 

Lambert promises to try his best to go upon his quest to help out his brother. Ratau felt his chest feel enlightened as his eyes glossed over and tears threaten to spill. 

the rat hugged the lamb tightly as he silently thanked him and cried.

the lamb gladly hugged him back, making sure he was okay before he had to go to his shack 

-
I've been waiting on you, oooh~
I've been waiting for you to tell me those three words too

'Cause I been hoping it's true, oooh~

That one day I'll feel like I am something real for you
(I've been dreamin' of us)

Somethin' real for you, somethin' real for you...

-

"Great job, little one, I am proud of you" the Bishop of life softly told the Lamb as they smiled up at the jade gem on the staff. the crown seems to have an amused yet bored look on it's expression, meaning TOWW was still here to watch over and hear over conversations made but one can tell he feels pity for his previous vessel 

Lambert just chuckled at the expression as they went on to prepare for bed, it's late, they'll gladly do the rest of their adventures tomorrow. 

nothing bad will happen, right?

-

A/N: I'm not really into COTL much anymore, sure I'd fixate on it from now and then but I'm not as obsessed as I was those months ago

so, unfortunately, this book will have two chapters left before it's ending.