The Next Step

My thoughts were a mess.

I wasn't exactly sure what would happen now and it kinda worried me.

What did one do when they were in love?

I really needed to do some research.

I then wondered if Tails had a computer so I stood up and walked to the workshop where I heard talking.

"Tails! This is serious!" Sonic yelped.

I tilted my head.

"Not really. I mean.. It's not like he's going to say no and you two already basically sleep together so.." Tails said with what was definitely a roll of the eyes in his tone.

I was really curious now.

"I know but like.. It didn't turn.. Well you know.. Until yesterday." Sonic said nervously.

"Yeah.. Big bro.. I hate to tell you this but like.. You two have been acting mega romantic since like. You first befriended him." Tails said awkwardly.

"Tails! I swear it wasn't like that at first!" Sonic yelped.

Tails snorted.

"Sonic. I literally learned that Metal Sonic had essentially started switching sides by walking in on you sleeping on him and him petting you. Which I know was happening because I could hear you purring." Tails stated.

Sonic groaned.

"Okay. Maybe our relationship is a bit odd. I just.. I don't know how to move things forward I guess. I don't want to go to fast but I don't want to back track either." Sonic said truthfully.

Finally feeling like I had enough since I had a basic idea of what was going on I knocked on the lab door.

"Come in." Tails called.

I walked in and I started signing to Tails.

'Tails do you have anything that I can do research on? I need some answers for some things.' I signed to Tails.

Tails nodded and pointed to a corner where a computer sat.

I walked over to it and I looked at Tails since there was a password.

"Planefan99" Tails told me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes before typing it in and then I waited for a moment while Tails and Sonic left the room.

Now. It was time for some research.

I deep dived into love, romance and intimacy for hours.

I scanned alot of information and made plenty of calculations while I let my more logical side take control.

I could emotionally go through this data later but for now I only needed to collect, sort and decide what was useful and what was useless.

I hadn't realized that the day had gone by when I finally stopped as I had gotten what I needed.

I closed out of my tab and then I walked into the living room where I sat on the couch so I could start phase two of data sorting. Which was to sort through it with my emotions.

Apparently my logic had sorted it through alphabetical order and It took me a whole night of sitting on the couch sorting to get it in a almost reliable more chronological relationship steps order kind of thing.

I had just finished my last little getting it together bit when Sonic came in and blinked at me.

"Metal? What are you still doing here? Were you here all night?" Sonic asked me in surprise.

I nodded.

'I collected as much data as I could find on the topic of my current predicament and have decided what I want based on that data and I am now ready to face whatever the world may challenge me with.' I wrote down in my notebook that was beside me with the mechanical pencil and I showed it to Sonic.

Sonic just blinked.

"Okay? And that means?" Sonic asked me in confusion.

I pondered that for a moment before making my decision.

I needed to take it slow.

'I have decided that my feelings for you are romantic therefore. I would like to court you.' I wrote down and showed to Sonic.

I really hoped this went well.

Sonic stared for a moment and then he blushed.

"O.. Okay.." Sonic said nervously.

I was quiet for a moment and then I wrote again.

'Are you sure your okay with this? Research said that there is no really going back to simply being friends after I take this step.' I wrote and showed Sonic with concerned eyes.

Sonic was silent for a moment and then he smiled.

"I accept." Sonic said while he smiled.

I nodded as the warmth seemed to fill my body again with a side of excitement.

Sonic had agreed to be courted! Yes!

Now.. Where to go from here.

I checked my data again and I beeped.

I suppose I could start by spending more time with Sonic.

I could also start cooking for Sonic.

I nodded to myself.

Yes.

I would start spending legitimate time with Sonic and cooking for Sonic and doing little things for Sonic.

I nodded to myself.

Courting Sonic.

It would certainly be an adventure.