⚔️ 3 ⚔️ Words Like Thorns

They soon managed to catch up with Zubeia and were flying a few yards from the queen where they could see their friends holding onto her head. Enya gave a tired sigh as she leans back against Soren, still trying to hold onto the mirror.

"You weren't kidding about being more tired lately, are you sure you're not sick or something?" Her husband asks and Enya gives a sleepy nod. "You've been like this since Callum's surprise party, what's the matter?"

"I don't know, I haven't gone to Anya at all this week because of how busy we've been preparing for this event for the dragon queen." Enya admits and rubs her eyes. "Ancients help me, if I'm actually sick-"

"I'll send you right back home and you're not gonna fight me on it." Soren says firmly before moving his head to kiss her cheek. "A mhuirnín, get some rest, it'll take time to get to the Spire. I'll make sure the mirror won't fall, and you won't either."

"How reassuring." Enya says with a tired laugh, but adjusted herself so she was leaning against her husband more comfortably and felt Bait shift so he wasn't leaning against her stomach. She could see the glow toad looking at her in concern, putting a paw on her stomach and croaking loudly.

"I'm fine buddy, just tired." Enya says with a tired smile as she gives him a scratch on the head. "No need to worry."

"Sleep, I mean it." Soren scolds her. "Like now."

Enya rolls her eyes before settling against him, letting herself drift off into a dreamless sleep. It wasn't until what felt like minutes later did she stir and feel herself being carried. When she opened her eyes, Enya found herself on the Spire, in her husband's arms and hearing loud sobbing coming from nearby. Now awake, she immediately smacks Soren's arm to put her down, and the moment her feet hit the floor she took off running to the steps leading to the top of the mountain.

On the large platform laid Ibis, laying still as two familiar figures she hadn't seen in months knelt next to his body, Rayla and Ezran stood nearby with sorrowful gazes and Cici was kneeling next to the elf crying loudly as well.

"Reyna! Kasef!" Enya gasps as she rushes over to her kneeling friend. The elf looks up, her face stained with her tears as she held her son to her chest. The moment Enya gets close, her friend jumped to her feet and embraces her, shaking and trembling as she lets out a sob. "Hey hey, it's okay, it's okay."

"No no it's not! My father is dead!" Reyna sobs, pulling away as she buried her face in one hand. "He's dead and nothing can ever bring him back!"

"We found him like this, we were...just coming to visit him." Kasef says as he stands, walking over to them. "To think this would happen..."

"I know, it's just..." Enya didn't know what to say, stepping back when Kasef approaches and hugs Reyna to his chest before taking the baby from her. He then holds Utu out to Enya, who takes the infant into her arms, and proceeds to hug Reyna again as she sobs loudly against his chest.

"I can't comfort her." Enya sighs as she walked back to her friends, still holding the baby in her arms. "This...oh gods."

"Yeah, we understand her pain." Ezran says with a nod. "Ibis was her guardian and cared for her since she was a baby, to lose him like this so suddenly, it really hurt her."

"And now my godson has one less grandfather in his life."

Utu made a gurgling noise and reaches up to touch Enya's chin, his little chubby hand brushing against it. The poor kid didn't even know or understand what was going on and was probably confused as to why his mother was crying so much.

"Do you have any idea who did it?" Soren asks as she steps down the stairs.

"Its hard to tell, I'm sure we'll find some sort of evidence in the cave." Enya says as she hugged Utu to her chest. "Reyna and Cici are not okay, and I don't blame them. Losing a parent like that...I know that sort of loss too well."