CHAPTER 5

CHANGES

Amica was only able to perceive guilt in all she heard and saw. If she had the ability to say anything, then Deon would be spared this fate. She lacks the bravery to carry out such an action. She is concerned that not everyone will accept what she has to say. They will not believe her.

"I'm sorry, Deon." she whispered while wiping off a bit of her tears.

Seeing her like that made Jacqueline worried.

"A tear has never been seen coming from her eyes before.", she thought.

She is familiar with Amica's lack of emotions. How did she all of a sudden start to feel sympathy? She comes to the conclusion that Amica is still a human being, and as such, it is reasonable for her to feel the way that she feels.

While Amica is in agony, she felt someone hugging her behind her back. She recognized the scent, it's Jacqueline's perfume.

Though she normally resists when people try to touch her, Jacqueline's actions made her feel more at ease.

She saw someone standing in front of the board and frightened. They look at each other's eyes, but she immediately closes her eyes and pretends to see nothing.

Time is ticking down toward ten o'clock. Amica has made the decision to leave because their project is now almost completed. She had no idea that her ability could grow to be even more powerful; all she could see were mundane things, such as how their school's Halloween event would become tedious because the social butterflies had taken control of it. It's likely going to be her sister who's in charge of hosting the event at their campus. It is exhausting, and she had no idea that her ability could grow to be even stronger.

She was having internal debates about whether or not she would feel like an outcast if they knew anything about her. She really is a different person.

"Who would have this kind of ability in this normal world? I'm different."

While reflecting on the situation, she was lounging on a couch located inside her treehouse. As she opened her eyes, she saw Deon's face, which was covered in several knife wounds, standing in front of her once more.

She was exposed to the chilly air, and goosebumps appeared over her body. Her skin is pockmarked with teeny-tiny bumps because the hairs on it have stood on end. However, her face looks not being bothered.

"Can you see me?", asking with a chilling tone.

Deon's spirit is staring her in the face, but she must keep her composure. For her own safety, she must put on a false front. She had previously believed that her precognition was limited to the future only but not this. She's not ready for it.

"Amica, I need your help. Can you hear me?"

Deon asked again but Amica didn't try to respond instead she grabbed one of her books in her mini library and started to read. His words made her shiver. Slightly tremble because of fear.

"When will he leave. I can't take it anymore."

Amica's inside voice is also trembling. Later on Deon noticed that she didn't feel his presence and decided to puff off.

"Phew! That was so close!"

Amica's inside voice felt relieved, as she started lying down to her couch, she immediately closed her eyes. It's now three o'clock in the morning, she can feel drowsiness so she eventually sleeps.