Chapter Eighteen

Her mother's short return had been cancelled and a raven came to send a logical explanation. It was written on the parchment that Princess Rhaenyra has been forbidden to leave Dragonstone for her belly has swelled alarge. Maester Gerardys surmised she will deliver her seventh child in less than two months or so.

Everyone in the royal court was suddenly elated and there were highborn lords and ladies congratuling Alysanne for having another younger sibling. Nevertheless they were the same lot who had outright questioned her legitimacy, the former lickspittles of the Green, or were they still?

No later did the Queen visited the Sept with Alysanne and her ladies-in-wait to pray for the Princess of Dragonstone to have a blessed birth, much to Alysanne's hidden dismay. She was less excited as the lot, even though she was aware of her being unnecessarily jaundiced of the birth. It was rather childish, so many consecutive years of studying to achieve elegance, but then again she was no younger or older than the age of three and ten.

The silent prayer in front of the statue of the Mother was not done yet, but Alysanne was not comfortable praying for the birth of her unborn sibling. She decided to leave before them and having insisted her two ladies-in-wait stay with the Queen, who so happens to be praying with the most passion, Alysanne was aware of herself disrespectful to leave without Her Grace's permission. She leaves anyhow, putting on the hood of her black cloak before stepping out of the shadows of the sept and into the light of the late morning sun. This was an opportunity to be seized, where she may go to Sitharax and rule the skies with her. The embrace of the wind as she would spread her arms as wide as those of her serpentine dragon, she can already feel the unique sensation surging through her veins.

Fire and blood.

But Ser Criston steps in front of her, his hand resting on the pommel of his longsword out of habit. "Where are you off to, Princess?" The handsome man asked with his handsome voice.

A favorite person of the ladies at court, Ser Criston had been the one to train her, or at least that was what he was meant to do. Ser Criston is loyal to the Queen, and for one of which they shared the same intense hatred for her mother. Alicent may have reconciled with Princess Rhaenyra, although Alysanne could say otherwise for the former sworn shield of the Realm's Delight.

"The Queen has not finished praying yet. I take it you have not as well..." Ser Criston added, narrowing his dark brown of eyes.

Seductively, Alysanne holds her chin high. "See, I can no longer withstand the stench of the city. And I've not ridden my dragon in days and if I have not ridden my dragon in days, bad things will happen, Ser Criston."

"I was your trainer at arms when you were a child, Princess, and I see you for what you are." He said, a soft threat. "You will leave when the Queen leaves. So please return inside and continue to pray beside Her Grace."

"You barely even trained me, Ser." Alysanne said in an undertone but the Kingsguard looks at her intensely. "And the both of us know why."

The knight is silent as he continues to look at her in a calculatimg way, making Alysanne smile, meaning to annoy him, and mayhaps it did for one of his eyebrows quirked up.

"I can not allow you to leave the Sept on your own. It is for your own safety, Princess. The city is a dangerous place. Bad things happen to those who are stubborn to acknowledge that."

Alysanne glares at him. "You're not going to let me go, are you?"

Ser Criston nods, motioning for her to get back inside. Right as he reaches for her arm, Alysanne spins away and breaks out into a sprint, climbing down the mountaneous flight of stairs of the Sept.