Internal Conflict

At night, I sat in bed, browsing my phone. What? I was bored from playing games. Ironic, I know. Then I saw my account was online. That little- Yue, I will not spare you. I was wearing my pajamas, but I didn't care. I raced downstairs, anger evident on my face.

"I was wondering why I couldn't sleep tonight. Not only has someone stolen my seat, they're even using my account. You spoiled brat." I said, venom lacing my tone. If looks could kill, I'd have gotten away with murder. "Cheng! She's scolding me. Why don't you say anything?" Yue asked, crossing his arms.

"I know better." Cheng replied, continuing his game. Yue gasped, as he looked at his brother. Cheng sure did know better. I would've gotten my revenge too, if he had said the other option. "I thought you were asleep.. Why did you come?" Yue asked. How does that guy not understand? Does he have an IQ of four? "A stubborn commoner wants to steal the throne. My throne. How would I sleep in peace?" I said, scoffing at his absolute stupidity. How is he related to Cheng, again?

"Look at who this is." Yue said, pointing to an account on the screen. I looked closer, almost squinting, and widening my eyes at the same moment, furrowing my eyebrows. TAT_TAI was in the game. "Tai? He's playing?" I said, unbelieving. How the hell did this happen?

"Why don't you play this round?" Yue said, as he smirked. "Does he know he's against you? He picked Aobozu. Why did you still pick Ibaraki Doji?" I asked, irritated. If any more 'footage' of my gameplay got out, I was sure to be the next 'Hated Player' of the netizens. "I'm the one who's playing. Why are you so nervous? Don't tell me you think he can show off in this round, just like the last?" Yue said, adopting a lower tone.

"You and your brother, have definitely been cut from the same cloth. Both are prideful and arrogant." I mumbled, but I'm sure Cheng and Yue heard me well. "Mind your words." Cheng replied, still not directly talking to either of us. "It doesn't matter if he wins or not. To Tai, I've already lost. He's better than me, and won't be able to think otherwise." I said, just casually shrugging.

"He is just a player who will be defeated by you eventually. You don't need to care about his opinion. Do you think you're that free?" Yue said, glancing at me once, before going back to his game. He started warming up to me a bit, after he realized I felt bad after losing. Why wouldn't I?

After a minute of just dealing damage, he killed Tai. "Not bad." I said, jerking his shoulder. He was using my account after all. "Cheng! Help me! I'm missing my last hits because of her!" Yue yelled in annoyance. There goes the bonding moment. "That Ah Tai is quite dumb. He's trying to use the same trick, twice in a row." Yue said, somewhat disappointed. "No. I was the idiot here. He taught me this, but it's been years.." I said, trailing off. I remember Tai having my first match against me, as he defeated me in two minutes. But I got my own back in the second.

"Yeah. You're the only one stupid enough to fall for his tricks." Yue said. I jerked him again, harder this time. He was too busy, but he just grinned. Rui had a smile, and Chubby looked irritated. K didn't pay attention. Wow, they hated him. I can't blame them, but he cannot be that bad.

"He's actually trying to give me more kills? I'm sure he has back-up. You want to trick me? In your dreams, Tai. My teammates are here too." Yue said, launching an attack, and backing away, letting his teammates take the kill. "Why'd you give them the kill? But honestly, if I were you, I won't underestimate Tai this much." I said, in surprise.

"You overestimate him. Also, I'm timid. Sometimes, being timid will work in your favor." Yue said, before returning for a team fight. He slowly wiped out the entire team, and gave them no chance to retaliate. After the victory screen showed- "Yes! Not bad at all, huh?" He asked. "Not bad at all." I repeated, impressed. Maybe he wasn't so bad at the game after all. "I have to admit, you're skilled too." I said, crossing my arms. Appreciation for an opponent does not mean defeat.