20.

i've been laying out sick in the hospital for the past couple of days because no one could tell what was wrong with me.

i didn't even know what was wrong with me.

i was losing even more weight and couldn't keep anything down.

calum tested for every possible virus or illness i could have contracted but every test came back negative.

i just wanted to be back to normal. maybe i could even try to get better.

calum's pov

i was paged to the allegorist office, dr. marie patterson, who was testing on the mutant cells in liyah's body.

i entered the office and saw her sitting there.

"hello? did you find anything?" i asked cautiously.

"yeah, so whatever doctor did this was obviously not a doctor because they used medicines that are illegal to create a mutant cell that is taking over her body. the good news is that it's not deadly, she's going to be okay. the bad news is unfortunately, i don't have the time to speed up the healing process. i suggest just letting her rest it off and never ever give her poppy's ever again." marie spoke softly as she turned away.

i left the room and immediately felt a ping of guilt. it was my fault she was having such a reaction.

liyah was so excited because her friend, beatrice, was sending her something and i put the box up in her room without opening it.

i hurt liyah.

aaliyah's pov

i rolled over onto my side in discomfort from the IV in my arm.

i wanted and needed it out.

i gently grabbed at it and slipped it out of my arm and let it drip onto the floor.

i gently sat up and began pacing. i needed to work out.

all of a sudden the door swung open and luke walked in looking down at the charts.

"so to- why the hell are you standing up and why is your IV out?" he asked sternly.

"i can't have it in anymore. it's uncomfortable and slightly burns. i need to walk. i've been sitting too long. i'm not going to burn calories by sitting on my fucking ass like a lazy person." i spoke firmly as i began pacing more.

luke gently grabbed my arm and dragged me to sit down.

"one, you need an IV in so we can fight what's going on in your body. two, you cannot exercise right now. you need to heal." he spoke firmly as he sat down next to me.

i glared at him before moving to stand up to continue exercising when he stood up put his hands on either side of the chair and glared back at me.

"aaliyah hood, don't make this harder than it has to be." luke warned.

"you're not the boss of me." i yelled as i pushed him out of the way.

he gently grabbed my wrist and brought me back down to the bed where he was practically holding me down while i fought with him.

"what the fuck is going on in here?" ashton asked as he walked in slowly.

"she took her IV out and is trying to exercise even though i told her not to." luke spoke softly.

"i see, liyah, he needs to put the IV back in." ashton spoke softly but firmly.

"no, that shit burns." i mumbled as i gave up fighting luke.

he slowly got up and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"language, but you need too. it's not negotiable. we need the IV in so you can heal up." luke spoke firmly.

"no." i spoke deathly firmly as i glared at the two men in front of me.

calum walked into the room and immediately noticed a pissed off luke, stressed ashton, and pissed off me.

"now what?" calum groaned as he walked over.

"she won't let me put the IV back in." luke replied as he held the IV up in the air.

"aaliyah hood, don't be difficult let him put it in." calum stressed.

"no." i replied firmly.

"if you touch me. i'll scream." i spoke firmly.

all three of them stared at me blankly before ashton cleared his throat.

"you seem to be feeling better. have it your way." he shrugged lightly as he walked out of the room.

luke sighed and followed behind him leaving calum and i staring at each other.

"you have an appointment with ash tomorrow." he spoke softly before leaving the room.

i curled up in the hospital bed and felt tears enter my eyes when my phone dinged and i saw a text from beatrice.

i slowly opened it and saw her picture in the mirror along with a scale that read 89.7 lbs.

bee<3: hello liyah! are you okay?

me: barely.

bee<3: what's wrong babe?

me: i'm stuck in the hospital and can't weigh myself.

bee<3: remember you always were the mysterious one. maybe sneak around and look? send me a body snap and image when you do. love you babes<3

me: love you too bee.

i slowly stood up and walked to the door to make sure no one was there before sneaking off to try and find a scale.