Chapter 45

Okay anyone, i wouldn't mind some rants for my indecisive side taking the best of me. I'm sorry 😄😘🥱

-------------------------------------------

My favourite month during the year has finally come.

Yep, semester holiday.

As much as i like my college friends and have good times with them, i still like these off days more. I get to spend a lot of times with Calista, and a lot more with my old friends that i've been missing so much. Marshall, Fiona and Linda. I've been busy hanging out with them like no tomorrow, especially now that Fiona has her own culinary business, and will be launching her second restaurant after one near her college location.

The opening event will be held tonight. I'm just arrived at Calista's office from a little shopping with Linda for that. We both decide to go home for now since we have nowhere else to go, but why should i be home when Calista is still at work.

"Hi, Amber. Is Calista inside." I greet the busy girl happily.

"Hi, Irene. Yup, she is inside having a meeting."

Oh, a damn meeting. I don't think i'd like to be inside. So i change my direction and turn to Amber as soon as i heard that. Now she doesn't seem happy seeing me coming.

"Irene, I'm real busy now. If you're here to mess around, please, kindly leave."

"I just wanna wait and sit here. I promise."

She rolls her eyes, but let me be near her anyway. Some times later she keeps telling me to stop messing on her desk. I don't know what does she mean, i'm literally sitting here without talking to her and being busy with my own drawing on some empty papers.

"Oh God, Irene! You're close to cover my whole desk with your drawings. Where am i suppose to work?"

"Just a while more."

My attention only took away by Calista's door being opened. There she is finally coming out of her office room before some people behind her. The meeting is finished i think.

"Amber, are you still not done typing the report? What takes you so long? It's just a simple task to do." She ask Amber irritatedly.

No one likes it to be blamed that way, including Amber. So, instead of wasting her energy to speak verbally, she simply points out at me to show Calista what takes her longer than she should.

Sighing deeply, Calista puts her hands on her chest approving Amber's reason.

"Baby, stop disturbing Amber. Tidy up, and come to my room. Now."

"Right away, Ma'am." I answer imitating Amber's way.

After fixing up the mess, i rush inside bringing all my stuff then put them on the couch where Calista is working with a laptop on her lap and some papers beside her. I purposely sigh to make myself sounds tired. Noticing that, she immediately clear everything up so i could drop myself on her embrace, my favourite place.

"Where have you been? You seem tired." She ask while planting some kisses on my forehead.

"Mall. Accompanying Linda shopping."

"Well, to me, it seems like she was the one accompanying you shopping." Her eyes glance aside to the goody bags.

She was about to give another kiss, but i get up approaching my purchase. Start unwrapping, i show Calista each items excitedly like a little child showing off her good grades. She also pays full attention to my presentation. Couple watches, bracelettes, some shirts and a pair of shoes are all out of their bags, leaving one bag with the dress i said i'll be wearing later tonight.