Chapter 49

I suddenly need to meet Calista after thinking to be out all day before. But when i reach home, i'm told that she went to office earlier than usual. So here i am coming to the building as if i was one of her employees who has to clock in before 9 am.

I'm nervous, i'm afraid Calista will catch me cheating- i mean- getting back in touch with Ernest even though i guess there is not any possibility, until i see Amber on my way.

She knew everything. I told her how Ernest came to my college that led us to be friends again. She was not happy and trying hard to tell me not to respond, but i ignore it. She got mad, and i got angry back at her for telling this to Jin. We have bad tension ever since. And now it's not impossible for her to tell Calista on me too since she is now back to office.

Hope i'm not too late.

Amber and i, our eyes meet. But she immediately looks away and that gesture is worrying me. What has she done?

So i stopped walking right beside her desk. Moving closer, i force her to at least glance at me after calling her attention by putting my hands on her table.

"What?" Her eyebrows raise up.

I chuckle mockingly at her attitude. "Amber, i don't really wanna say this, but... you shouldn't forget of one fact, that i can always make you get fired anytime i want to. Calista wouldn't say no to whatever i want her to do. And to fire you is not exception."

"Oh! My mistake." She touches her forehead while grinning cockily. Apologizing afterward but not in the nice way. "Let me repeat myself then. Good morning, Young Boss. How may i help you today?"

"Shut up. You're not funny."

"I just don't wanna get fired." She shrugs.

"You didn't tell Calista about Ernest, did you?"

That question is my main business with her. She purposely takes longer time to answer, and i let her since honestly i also am not so ready.

"Well. I'm sorry, Irene. But you didn't give me another choice."

"Amber, you-" I pound her desk with reflex before turn around holding my own head that is nearly explode. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

"You wouldn't listen when it was me telling you to stay away from him, so i decide to let my boss get to work. Easy."

"I really thought you're my good friend." My disappointment speaks up.

"I am, and i'll always be. That's why i do this, you'll see."

I left. I don't wanna hear anymore of her. And it's no longer comfortable that we earn people's attention by our low tension.

Now i have lots of homework, which is to explain.

I push Calista's door open after three soft knocks and her permission. She is working concentrately with some papers and two different laptops on her both side. Her eyes widen in surprise seeing me here, but she smiles immediately.

"Hi, Baby."

She greets with that deepen voice and a small smile following. Overall, she seems just neutral, which is not a good sign for me to approach after i know she knows what happen. She should be mad instead.

Place the bet, everything i say is going to be wrong ahead.

"H- Hii... am i disturbing?"

"Ah no. I will clear everything, you can come here." Closing her laptops, she puts everything aside then open her arms wide to welcome me. "I didn't think you'll be back this early. Otherwise i'll wait and have breakfast with you."