sleepover

I put the kettle on as Cate takes a seat at the kitchen table, she continues to try to call recovery companies but she has no luck. I make her a hot cup of tea to hopefully warm her up. She sips on her tea as her eyes glance around my kitchen.

"I better phone a taxi then" She sighs.

"It's almost 4am, why not stay here tonight then sort things tomorrow? You can sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the couch"

"I can't put you out like that, I would feel really bad"

"Nonsense, it's no bother...I will change my bedsheets now it'll be ready for you"

I quickly run up the stairs to change my bed before she has the chance to decline my offer. It takes me 10minutes to do so, I have an unworn pair of pyjamas that was for my mum but I think they will fit Cate so I leave them on the bed for her. I walk down the stairs to see she's not in the kitchen.

"Cate?" I say quietly, hoping not to wake anyone up.

She comes walking through from the living room "sorry, I was being nosy...I hope you don't think that rude of me"

We both walk up the stairs to my bedroom so I can show her where it is. I giggle "no course not, I changed the sheets and there's pyjamas on the bed for you...they are my mums but she's not wore them and I think they will fit you"

"Perfect" she smiles, her arms reach forward and she pulls me in for a hug "thank you so much, you are very kind to help me like this" her scent rushes up my nose, a smell I will never forget.

My arms reach around her body as I squeeze a little tighter "Of course, the bathroom is just across the hall...if you need anything don't be afraid to ask"

"Thank you" Her hand reaches out for mine and she gives it a gentle squeeze. I tell her goodnight before leaving the room.

she whispers "sweetdreams, sweetheart" as she's closing the door slowly.  My heart melts in my chest. I gather covers from the cupboard in the living room and make myself comfy on the couch.

I scroll through my Pinterest, most of it is celebrity's and decor that I find beautiful. I have a whole folder full of pictures of Cate. I will of course never tell her about that folder but how crazy it is she is sleeping in my bed right now. I lock my phone and plug it into charge while I sleep, I fall asleep watching friends on netflix.

Im woken to the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen, I rub my eyes as I try to look at the clock on the wall that sits over the TV. It's 8am, I yawn as I brush the covers off of my body and stand up. I stretch my arms up above my body. I walk quietly to the kitchen to see what all the noise is about.

"I cant believe you almost got a black eye this morning...." my mum laughs.

"Don't worry, it would have gave me an excuse to be off work for a week" Cate laughs back.

"Everything okay?" I ask sleepily.

"It is...wish you had told me you had someone staying last night...almost punched her this morning, thought she was robbing us"

Cate laughs as she brings her cup of tea to her mouth. Her hair is pinned up into a messy bun. I watch her as my mums voice fades in the background. Her eyes meet mine, it snaps me out of my day dream.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry...i was so tired when we got in last night I didn't even think"

"It's okay, honestly...no harm done" Cate interupts.

"Then I had the shock to find out its freaking Cate blanchett...I almost punched Cate blanchett" she emphasises the Cate blanchett part.

I stand opposite to where Cate is sitting "sorry" I whisper.