Chapter 1

A year had passed since the end of the war against the White Star. No more bloodshed or death. Just peace and calm the way it use to be before any of it happened.

It was even difficult to remember it clearly because so much had happened since then. After all, in less than a year, the Roan Kingdom became an Empire and a new magic tower was built with its head, the first arch-mage in a millennium. So much has changed.

However, everyone would never forget no matter how many years had passed. The moment when the world was almost destroyed but was saved thanks to the efforts of a crown prince of a small kingdom and its companions.The story of how they were able to gather strong people, rally leaders of different kingdoms, and even received the help of dragons. It will always be remembered and recorded in history.

Yet some mystery remains. A hero that only a few were aware of. The sole person who made all of this possible was still unknown.

'Another dead end' sighed the blond-haired man as he heard people enter his private office.

"Choi Han, Miss Rosalyn, Aunt Tasha, did you enjoy the ceremony to commemorate our victory?"

Choi Han frowned before answering " It was fine."

The others nodded. They knew really well that the raven-haired swordmaster did not like those nobles who did nothing but hide during the war and now were trying to regain their powers. Ever since he left Harris village after the massacre, he only met nobles that were greedy and power-hungry. Of course there were exceptions. Rosalyn who was rightful and dignified and the newly crowned Emperor, Alberu Crossman who had a glib tongue and was kind of manipulative but only did so for the betterment of his people.

"Where are the others?" continued the Emperor searching for an elf, a black robe, a blue head, and two assassins." They were a little tired and decided to retreat to their rooms and the Molans chose to accompany them." responded his aunt."It's good that they are able to relax"

They knew very well that even though peace had returned the battles did not stop. After all the members and followers of the now fallen Arm still remained in the wild and were nowhere to be found since the end of the war.

Therefore everyone in the party stayed alert this past year. Many of them were caught and apprehended with all the investigations they conducted. Even so, some were still missing such as Sayeru and Dorf the right and left arm of the White Star. It was as if they were hiding and waiting for something to happen or as if they were already dead.

Nonetheless, a year passed, and the former crown prince decided to focus on restoring and strengthening his future empire while still being on the lookout.

"So is there anything I can help you with since I know you are all busy."

"Actually there was something we need to talk about with you, your majesty." responded the red-haired woman. 

The Emperor frowned"Did something happen?"

The dark elf, Tasha soon continued."We were investigating the remaining traces of Arm, we thought it was suspicious for them to suddenly disappear without a trace. After weeks of searching, we finally found a lead to where they were, but when we got there we found this.

Two items were placed on the table. Documents with images that showed a secret base that was well hidden. It was surprising to think they managed to find it. But what was more shocking was what the base contained. Alberu could clearly see grey/black dust scattered everywhere on the ground.

Speechless the Emperor looked at the people in his party for an explanation.

"It was like this when we arrived. The place seemed to be inhabited for a few months. And from the documents we've gathered they were planning a huge attack." the raven-haired man said.

"As for the dust, it is the ashes of living beings" added Rosalyn.

As the silence got loud, the Emperor stared at the other item and then started speaking looking up at the Arch-mage."I am sure this isn't all you've discovered. There's more right?"

Rosalyn smiled as continued to explain."Actually, this base was connected with twenty other hideouts which were in the same state. Thanks to that we could deduce that their number wasn't small. However, in one of the hideouts we found..." 

The Emperor then looked at the other item on his table. It was a letter, not some ordinary letter. It was embroidery of a letter. It was beautiful. A circle-shaped cloth with letters embroidered in red thread. The edges of the cloth usually had flower patterns with a rose in the middle. A letter similar to the ones that had helped them throughout the war.

"You found this in the base?" the blond asked.

Tasha answered, "Yes, we found this in it."

 Alberu opened the piece of cloth and began to read the contents. It was only five words but it made the blond sigh in relief.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Your enemy is no more.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After reading those words the Emperor looked up at his companions and smiled, turning to his aunt he said "Send a message to all allies to come tomorrow. This news must be shared with everyone."

Tasha nodded her head in response and left his office to inform the others.

"Did you find any leads on them?" the blond questioned.

Choi Han answered with a frown"Unfortunately there is no trace of them, just the letter."  

Alberu sighed looking out the window. The moon was shining brightly through the window."We will continue this tomorrow. Get some rest, you must be tired."

The red and raven heads nodded and left leaving the Emperor to his thoughts.

"Just who are you?", the blond sighed once again. Deciding to complete a few more papers before retiring for the night.