XI: they're okay?

Chapter Eleven

they're okay?   

3rd Person POV

they were gone, Sarah and john b were gone and canyon felt like she had failed. john b was older than her but she felt the need to protect him and she couldn't even do that so here she was in the backyard of the chateau as she held popes hand and jj carved something into the tree. they stared at the tree in sadness and hurt.

"to john b" jj stated

"and to sarah" kiara and canyon said together. jj drank out of the flask and kiara buried the box in the ground as they covered it in dirt and then they all looked at it together. they began to live their life the way they needed to, going to school, pretending, acting like everything was okay but it wasn't and they knew that. they knew that it wasn't okay and they didn't want to admit that but they had to.

"canyon honey, you have to get out of bed at some point" molly said and she turned over and looked at her mom

"i have school, i promise ill get up tomorrow" she stated and molly nodded as she kissed her forehead and let her stay there for the rest of the day. she woke up the next day and she got ready for school.

kiara drove them and when they got there, canyon watched jj drink out of a flask and she nudged him with her elbow 

"not this early you idiot, i am not saving your ass again" she stated and he scoffed as pope got out of the car with kiara and canyon grabbed his hand. kiara wrapped her arm around jjs and they all walked to the stone together. canyon stared at the pictures of john b wishing she could take it back, wishing he could come back and that this would all be over. 

"i feel like everyone's staring at us" kiara stated and they all looked around together. canyon made eye contact with someone as they looked to the ground and canyon shook her head 

"its cause they are ara, but we have to stick together no matter what" she said and kiara nodded 

"I'm going to be late for class" pope exclaimed and he went to walk away but canyon stopped him 

"did you not just hear anything i said? we stick together pope" canyon said and she led them into the school. she didn't care about the stares , she cared about her friends and where their minds had led them to. she walked to class and sat down as their class started and they began to write down their notes. 

out of nowhere, popes phone went off with jj, kiara and canyons following close after his. 

"whos phone was that? nobody, you will be tested " the teacher said and he turned back to the board as jj, kiara and canyon all pulled out and looked at their phones