Chapter Five - Evelyn |•❀•|

As the days went by, Joseph and Evelyn had been experiencing the most hardcore type of hate. Jasmin had told her to keep her distance from him while in public and doing interviews because it would get worse. Honestly, Evelyn didn't know why she was letting it affect her like that, because they aren't even dating, and Joseph probably doesn't have feelings for her like that. Yeah, even though he said he loved her but he was drunk, so he probably didn't mean it.

On the day of the LACMA Gala, they wore matching Gucci outfits (since Gucci was the presenter of the evening) and were walking down the red carpet. And to be honest, Evelyn had no clue what was happening, and neither did Joe. Jasmin had just told them to go along with it. Both of them found the gala boring, the event was just them walking the red carpet in matching Gucci outfits and sitting down at some table, receiving gift bags.

After LACMA, Joe went to a few events of his own, and then, Joe and she left for Spain for the "GQ Men Of The Year" awards. When they arrived at the carpet in Spain, Evelyn made sure he felt safe and comfortable, she would translate things for him, and she even helped him learn a speech in Spanish. Evelyn had been teaching him Spanish during their free time. Joseph was doing a lot of work, but luckily he didn't have to do it alone, he had Evelyn by his side the whole time. Since she was off tour, she got to do as many things as she wanted... If it was approved by Jasmin.

  Evelyn made sure to defend him in almost everything. Whenever he felt overwhelmed, Evelyn would pull him aside, and calm him or when he wasn't in the mood for pictures and 'fans' would beg for them, she'd get involved, and would go off on them. She knew Joseph hated when she did that, but he appreciated her for it. She always told him to stand up for himself and that it's ok to say 'no'.

She knew Joe was already reaching his breaking point. All that was going on, was destroying him mentally. Since she'd been experiencing this for a long time it didn't affect her as much anymore, but with Joseph... It was something so new to him. So, she tried to help him out step-by-step.

    She could see everything he was going through. She knew how it felt to be pressured into taking pictures, videos, autographs, or talking to people when she didn't want to. She knew the feeling. And it felt awful. She despised it. Evelyn knew how the invasion of privacy felt, how being recorded 'secretly' felt, almost everything he was experiencing she knew that it was the most disgusting feeling in the world. Even though Joseph didn't want to admit the way he felt, she could see his emotions as if they were see-through.

    As Joseph talked to the fans, she was able to read his body language, and she could tell he was uncomfortable. Or so she thought. That's when she walked over to him and came up with an excuse for him to get out of an awkward situation. He looked at her, then rolled his eyes, knowing she had come up with an excuse, he said his goodbyes to the fan and pulled Evelyn to the side of the building, pushing her against the wall. Causing her to gasp.

  "Ev, I know you care for me and all, but you need to stop being all over me like that, that's all you've been doing since that day on the carpet," he said, "I was just having a conversation with my fans, Ev." he loosened his grip from her wrist. "Joe, clearly you were uncomfortable with them. I read your body language," she scoffed. "Evelyn, no I was not. I was just having a good conversation. Stop being so fucking overprotective!" He shook his head. "Well damn, I'm just trying to help you out here. You're fucking struggling and shit," she said, "I'm not struggling. What do you mean?" He crossed his arms."I mean you not knowing what the fuck to do at these events and poses and shit, and you also not knowing how to stand up for yourself and walk away from toxic fans. And I'm helping you but you're getting mad at me?" She chuckled slightly.

"Yes, Evelyn, I'm getting mad at you because you're not letting me fucking be!" He raised his voice a bit. "Ok, I don't know who did something to you, but you do not raise your voice at me. I don't give a fuck how old you are, or who you are, but don't ever raise your voice at me!" She warned.