Chapter IV: Rise of Princess Justice

As soon as she returned from her patrol, she began preparing a "parting gift". She wrote a bunch of letters. All were addressed to one person. Chat Noir. The first letter contained an apology. The second one contained a reason behind all of this. The third one explained the Grimoire and its spells, so he could recreate them. The fourth one explained about kwamis, their powers, their favorite food, etc. The last one contained the full list of people whom she entrusted with certain miraculous. Once she finished with the letters, she checked the time. 1 hour before evening patrol. Writing letters sure took her a lot of time. She needed to hurry tho. There were still things that needed to be done. She made a box out of "ladybug pattern" paper and placed a miracle box, letters, and a little box with Ladybug Miraculous inside. 30 minutes till patrol. She went out quietly and hurried to her destination. It sure was harder to get there in her civilian form, but she still managed to be there before Chat Noir. Marinette placed the box and hid. She had to make sure the gift would be found by Chat Noir only. 

The aspiring designer didn't have to wait long, after 5 minutes Chat Noir showed up. He was surprised to see a gift. He approached it with caution. After all, it could have been a trap. He examined the box and decided it was safe to open it. So he gently took off the lid and was shocked to see what was inside. The miracle box, and a few letters, and the box he found his ring in...With shaking hands, he took the smaller box and opened it. Ladybug earrings. No, no, no, no, no....Marinette should have left the moment, she saw Chat Noir near her "farewell gift". The look on Chat Noir's face was...simply...heartbreaking. She couldn't bear to watch any more so she quietly left her hiding spot. 

There weren't many people on the street, maybe because it was evening? Who knows. But there was a girl walking, with her head down. She couldn't take it anymore. First, at school, almost everyone thinks she pushed and threaten Lila. Then, at the town square history repeated itself. News and blogs only write about it..."Ladybug hit an innocent girl" or "Is Ladybug really a hero?" All tabloids were writing about this and all the TV shows were talking about it. And now...she broke the trust of her partner. Maybe...Maybe she really is... Marinette took off a hairclip, that Chat Noir gave her earlier...and broke down in the middle of empty streets of Paris.

The feelings of hurt, anger, disappointment, and sadness were just too overwhelming... The teenage girl didn't even notice an akuma and amok making their way toward her. An akuma went in a hairclip, while amok went in a bracelet Adrien gave her. 

Marinette came to herself when she heard a faint voice talking to her. "Princess Justice, I am Shadow Moth, I'm giving you the power to restore justice, and in addition to your power you will be accompanied by a sentimonster, that will be under your control, in return I only want you to bring me the miraculous of Ladybug and Chat Noir"

Before she could understand what was happening, she transformed into Princess Justice. Princess Justice stood up from the ground and dusted herself. Then she noticed floating scales next to her. It was so confusing, yet she knew exactly what to do. Princess Justice looked behind her and said:

"Time to bring justice, to this city of liars..."