A month and 25 days

"2015

"2015." He flipped the coin on his finger, deep in thought, "I went to Hawaii."

Roman groaned, falling back dramatically on the carpet. "This is boring."

"We've only done 1 round."

"Yeah, and hearing about your dead grandma killed the mood."

"Fuck you, man."

"Ask me to dinner first." Roman uninterestedly said as he sat back up, picking a coin from the bowl, "2000... I was born?"

"Now that's very interesting."

He frowned, "No one likes sarcasm."

"Really?" Will sarcastically said, picking up another coin. "2014... I meet an annoying asshole." Roman grimaced.

They were playing Penny for Your Thoughts. This (according to Roman) stupid game is where you pick a coin from a pile and share something significant that happened that year. Will was enjoying it until Roman became annoying, which was quick.

Roman picked a coin and read, "2011. Uh, I turned 11?"

"Yeah, my answers are boring," Will rolled his eyes, attempting to grab his coin, but Roman stopped him.

"Fine, let me think." The raven-headed boy observed the coin with his fingers, twirling the old coin before he chuckled at himself, "I smoked for the first time." He smirked at the memory before looking back up at Will.

Will rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to imagine you with a personality except for just weed."

"Oh, you have an imagination?"

"Oh, you can think?" Will retorted.

Roman grumbled and threw the coin back inside the bin. Will took one out, "2017." He smirked, "I got the middle lane for our championships."

Swimming was a big thing for both boys. Obviously, since they were willing to live together just so they didn't have to quit. They loved the adrenaline of swimming the fastest they could, not the feeling like they were drowning every practice. They loved the cheers as they beat their time, not the uncomfortably tight speedos. They were in love with swimming, and the two were both incredible. Well, at least Roman was. He would never admit Will was even remotely good.

"Coach felt bad because you fractured your leg the last time." Roman loathes that sneering look on his face.

"I still would have gotten middle lane," Will smirked arrogantly.

Roman wasn't feeling great. His overly comfortable bed was too comfy to sleep in. On top of that, his stomach ached in pain from swallowing all that salty ocean water. He probably drinks more ocean water than clean water. Plus, Will's presence always managed to dampen his mood.

Roman sighed in annoyance, his brain coming up short except spitting out a "fuck you" as he picked up another coin.

Roman's eyes fixated on the coin in his hand, the number engraved on it - 2010. His body froze as he stared at the date, his finger tingling as a the coldness of the coin crept up his fingers and body. He twirled the rusted coin, devoided of any shine, in his fingers, wondering what to say. That's when he abruptly tossed it away, "I'm not playing this fucking game." He quickly got up.