Alluring Moonlight

I sat at the table silently eating my waffles, Itome and Lorraine were sitting with me waiting until I finished eating or start speaking.

"So...what is going to become of the bodies? Will they stay in Norway or will they be shipped to Okinawa?" I finally asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Well...their will stated that to have their ashes spread over the water of Miyako Island," Itome said, seemingly accepting the fact that his best friend had died.

"hmm...Lorraine, order water from Miyako Island water for my parent's funeral ceremony.", I said with a straight face.

"S-SIR I DON'T THINK THAT YOU REALLY MEAN THAT!!??!", Lorraine exclaimed astonished that I could even say such things given the circumstances.

"Haha, just like your old man, using humour to handle dark situations." Itome chuckled, wiping a fake tear from the corner of his eye. "O-oh You got me there sir," Lorraine said.

"So for the funeral arrangements, I was thinking of only having a few people arrive, some family friends and company partners. How does that sound?" I asked finishing my breakfast.

"That sounds like a good idea." Itome agreed.

"Well...It'll be a half-day funeral since today is Friday we still have a week to prepare. Lorraine, you'll help me decide on the flowers, urns, invitations and public restrictions. " I explained.

"Other than the funeral you have to take over the company as the sole heir, no offence but, you have zero experience in business," Itome explained.

"Lorraine clear my afternoon and set a driver to take me to the company." I stood up and turned to Lorraine.

"Of course sir." She replied before going to her office.

I then turned to Itome, "Itome-san, with all due respect my father has made sure I've been prepared and trained for taking over the company. He may have never been around but he made sure that he could leave this company and its employees in great hands."

Itome stared at me in surprise. It looks like my words had affected him. "I'll take my leave now, bye [Name]-kun" Itome said before he left.

Great, I can feel a headache starting. I sighed before walking to my bedroom.

I walked over to my bed and lay down. 'Damn, I still don't believe they actually died.' I thought looking up at my ceiling.
~
Classical piano music could be heard throughout the halls of the Sakaguchi mansion. I was sitting on my mother's lap as she played a song on her grand piano, her fingers moving gracefully across the keys

My mother smiled at me softly as if I were a precious little flower blooming. My e/c eyes gazed lovingly at her and a smile slowly grew. After a minute or two, she began humming the tune and continued playing. "Mama, will I play the piano like you someday too? I asked her curiously.

She smiled down at me gently, "Of course my little Belladonna, your piano lessons will pay off and you'll play just like me." She giggled gently, pulling me closer to kiss my forehead softly. "Will daddy be able to see me play the piano someday?" I asked hopefully.

Mommy giggled again before responding, "My poor darling, you should understand by now that daddy prioritizes work over us, and besides, the reason why you're learning to play the piano is not because of him. You need to learn how to play the piano because you'll make me proud."
~
Old memories flooded my mind. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks I asked myself wiping them quickly. They kept falling no matter how much I wiped them away. 'Crying makes me look ugly, only ugly disgusting cowards cry for no reason!' I repeated in my head as I slapped my cheek hard. I did that over and over til my right cheek was red and stinging with pain.

'Ding'

My phone went off, I checked the notification bar to see, '1 message from...Ainosuke.'

'Must be from my appearance the other night.' I thought completely forgetting about what I was doing before.

[Ainosuke]
[Name] you're probably wondering if I'm contacting you because of what you did the other night, but rest assured that's not the reason I'm contacting you.

[Username]
Drop the formal wording ADAM
Why are you even texting me anyways?

[Ainosuke]
Is it a crime to want to meet my familiar?

[Username]
You didn't answer my question, but nah wyn?

[Ainosuke]
Meet me at S in 3 weeks from now.

[Username]
k
are we gonna meet in the surveillance room...or..???

[Ainosuke]surveillance room

[Username]
k, ttyl

~To be continued~