IX

Ah. He left without saying a word.

Cale was nowhere to be found when Alver awoke. He calmly sat Cale on his lap and closed his eyes, but he didn't expect to sleep deeply. He didn't think he'd left him all alone again.

He noticed an apple pie on the table, along with a letter.

"Get plenty of rest."

His lips curled into a smile. He bit into a slice and ate it. The sweetness of the apple ran through his throat. It's the same scent. It's alluring and sweet, but it brings him comfort.

[***]

"I don't know why, but the children are very close to Cale right now," Whitara said the morning she arrived to finalize the sea route discussion.

Cale is surrounded by children, including the shy and awkward wolf cubs, who trail behind him like ducklings. Not to mention the sweet baby scent that he had been spreading to the point where everyone felt drowsy whenever he was around.

His food consumption increased. He'd been having food cravings for a few months. Even Vicross had to ask him what he wanted to eat now and then because his previous meal had caused him to vomit. He had become very picky.

Deruth suspected something.

Vicross had an inkling but just fatefully did his job to avoid his young master crying over simple things.

Not only that, Cale refuses to let Hans wash the shirt he took back from the Crown Prince.

"This is..." Deruth gritted his teeth but remained silent. He'll notify the count once he gets back from his business.

Violan was also watching Cale and had been discreetly feeding him vitamins, primarily lactation, and pregnancy vitamins.

Cale's vomit echoed throughout the county, "Blurgh!" He's been throwing up every morning for a few weeks now. Choi Han and the others were worried about him, but everything changed when Violan spoke.

"He might be pregnant."

"What?" he exclaimed, all while hugging the huge jar he had been vomiting in too. "I am pregnant? How?"

"Why are you asking me? Aren't you the one who went all the way with your black beauty?" sighs Violan, allowing him to stay on the bed as long as he wants. "Call for the doctor."

The physician immediately came and checked on him. The entire county was silent until the physician declared, "The Young Lord is three or four months pregnant..."

The physician happily congratulated him, "Congratulations, my lord."

"BANG!" the sound of the opening echoed. Deruth and Vicross were storming out as if they were out to kill someone. Choi Han gritted his teeth and soon followed the trio.

"Where are they going?" Cale asked. He's not sure why they're even angry.

"Ignore them."

Cale looked at the doctor and said, "But I've taken contraceptives since that night."

"Not every contraceptive is effective... especially when the alpha is dominant," the doctor says as he hands out medication.

"Are you keeping the child, My Lord?"

"Of course... it's not the child's fault in the least... The drinks were spiked that night, and I suppose that drug and a dominant alpha would simply neutralize the contraceptive. It's mine, so I decide what's best for both of us."