Here We Go Again

The gang leaves Eddie with his food as they go to where the cop cars went, down the road. When they get there, they find Nancy talking to the police.

She walks away from them after a while. Then she meets Steve and the rest by the trailer park.

"I'm happy to see you guys, I am. But.... I'm not happy about this- This... Why- why does this keep happening? I thought it was over, I thought the portal was closed!"

"Yeah..." Dustin looks down.

"Yeah, we did too, Nance." Steve bites his lip as he frowns.

"But this is different... Right?" Max looks for everyone's reactions. "This is not, like, getting into your body and mind and make you kill people--"

"No, this -whatever this is- is getting into your body and killing you." Robin scratches her head. "It's definitely different."

Steve glances at Max, trying to figure out if her mind went to where his went.

Billy.

Would it have been better? No. Us making out and then he's up in the air and I'm seeing all his bones cracki--

"Steve!" The gang yell at him. They are up and ready to leave. But Steve was frozen until he heard their voices.

"Where did you go? We need to go!"

"No- nowhere..." Steve looks back at his hands before getting up and walking away with Dustin.

~

"You know, for a basketball player,... Someone who's supposed to keep their head in the game and all that bullshit we hear from the coach, you... zone out an awful lot." Billy licks his lips as his eyes scan Steve's embarrassed face.

Billy takes his hands to his hips as he looks around him, trying to find the basketball.

"Sorry, I just... I was remembering something."

"Oh, yeah,...? Does little Steve want to go back to Cali with me?" Billy walks up to him, pitting his hand on the bleachers behind Steve's head. "I'm flattered."

Steve's too weak to hold Billy's eyes, so he drops his gaze to his lips- a less intimidating but equally seductive and tastier attribute of his.

"Actually... I was thinking about Tina's Halloween Bash... Remember that?"

Billy backs up, going for the ball.

"Now why would you bring that up?" He grunts, picking it up like it's the heaviest object he's ever carried.

"Because..." He stands up lazily, making his way to Billy real slow, "my house wasn't damaged at all..."

Billy sighs, rolling his eyes.

"Did you fix it? Whatever Tommy did to it...?"

"No..." Billy bounces the ball, "but..."

Steve's eyes widen, "there's a but!"

"But I did threaten a couple of losers that I'd burn all the candy they had collected if they didn't clean up the mess before the sun was up...." He sighs, embarrassed that the secret is out. "I gotta say, I'm surprised neither you or your parents woke up during the three hours it took those little shitheads to clean it all up..."

"Oh, they were... Outta town- You... You stayed with them?" Steve's heartbeat echoes.

"Yeah, well,... I had to make sure the job was getting done." Billy shoots the basketball and it goes inside the net, naturally. "I was eating their candy so they'd be encouraged to be done as soon as possible."