Chapter 02

New day. New office. New formals and a new bag. All set. You reached the office 5 minutes before because it was your first day, well to create a good first impression.

Company name: JK Entertainment, named after the CEO Mr. Jeon Jungkook, who apparently became famous within the night of a time, storming all the news channels with headlines, 'Mr. Jeon, South Korea's youngest and richest, handsome face to become worthy CEO of his own company.

Wow. And this was your first day as his new secretary. Now, why does he need a new one?
Let's get to that story.

Lana is the current secretary. She is young, around 27, has a loving husband and has been committed to her job ever since she became secretary to the CEO, 2 years back.

She is perfect and also 8 months pregnant. Yes, she is having a girl by the way and so she has decided to leave her job after giving birth to her daughter and look after her for the rest of her life. Aww, so sweet.

Enters, y/n. Newly joined secretary who will continue to walk down the path that Lana has created for 2 years or maybe create your own instead.
So here you are.

Not 5 minutes later Lana welcomed you with a hug. You insisted she must sit down and relax so you could take over from now on.
She is still going to train you for 1 month that she has before leaving. Hope she gets a good farewell because she deserves it.

Suddenly there was silence in the corridor when only the stomping noise of heavy shoes can be heard. Lana stood immediately and you copied her.

And there was this huge guy walking with heavy steps and entering the big cabin that was behind gigantic double doors.
Just to let you all know, he did not even glance in another direction or greet anyone or even said a fucking 'Good Morning' on his way.

Lana settled down back in her chair and you did the same.
"What was all that about?", you asked her.
"Oh, him, that's your boss, JK", she said.
"I know... but is he all right? Why all that dominating appearance?", you asked curiously trying to understand the situation here.

"Oh, he is just strict, you will get used to it", she said casually waving her hand in the air.
"Please tell me he is not a crazy person", you asked her.
"Oh no, he is really sweet and understanding, except...", she trailed off licking her salty finger from the packet of crisp. You did not even know when she opened that packet, but you were waiting for her to finish her words instead but she was taking her sweet time.

Impatient much.
"Except what Lana dear?", you had to ask her with that I-know-there-is-an-interesting-story smile on your face.

"So there is this rumor--", she licked another finger before snatching more chips out of the packet,
"They say JK wasn't like this before, I mean he was just a happy guy who smiled all the time", she finished going for another salty chip.

"Don't you say, really? So what happened that made him so grumpy?", you asked her because you know she wanted you to and she was just playing on it.

"Something happened, something bad. They say his girlfriend died, right in front of his eyes. He loved her more than anyone and when she was gone, he became a little crazy"
A little? Really? But instead, you asked, "how so Lana?"

"So there was this incident, it was nighttime, he was walking her home and there happened to be some bad boys on the streets, you know--", she said waving her hand
"--they teased her and in order to defend JK fought back, but he was one and they were 5, no match huh, so in between the struggle somehow, his girlfriend couldn't make it, she died while he tried to save her"

She paused to drink some water and then continued

"They say after that night, he really became crazy. He rides around on his Harley from alley to alley of this town to hunt those bad guys only to kill them the same way they killed her"

Okay, that sounds creepy and terrifying and it somehow reminds you of what happened yesterday. The story is so fucking twining with your other night.
If not for the savior that god sent, you would have died too maybe raped or mugged before being killed.

It sounds so terrifying to even go through the pain of losing your love in front of your eyes. To think of it, if someone did so to you, you would do the same, and look out for revenge. Vengeance.
But it's just a rumor right?

Lana snapped you out of it, "Girl, it's just a rumor", confirming your thoughts.
"Yeah, that's what I was thinking", you sighed.
"Is she really dead?", you asked.
"Uh huh, but not for him, sometimes I had seen him talking to himself or maybe to someone, maybe his dead girlfriend"

Okay, that's really eerie.

"Is this a prank you pull on a newcomer?", you asked her and look around you to find someone with a phone but instead she again waves her hand in the air saying nothing more.

"Why don't you put those files on his desk", Lana says pointing at the bunch of folders.
Great, the first task of the day.
Excitedly you opened the huge double doors and walk in.

You walked until you reached a fine black marble table with an eccentric design on the surface, you place the files in the center. Then you again pick them up and place them on his right, nope, then you again placed them on his left side. Done. Perfect.

He wasn't on the table though, he was standing far on the edge of the glass window, looking outside.

He wore navy blue formals with a navy blue vertical stripe shirt and his blazer was hanging on the back of his chair. He looked so fine and true to the name given. Handsome. So fucking handsome. Even from behind and those broad shoulders. My. God.

Why are you standing there gawking at him? Well, a good morning won't hurt, right? You just have to show your new face to your new boss. Correction, Handsome boss.

He finally turned, his phone was in his hand when he finished the call. He slid it inside his pocket. Then he looked at you. He dipped his head down once, mumbling something and scratching at his eyebrow.

He then walked around his table and was closing the distance on you. You stood still, you wanted to smile but you could only manage to lift only the ends of your lips. A little hesitation.

He then came closer, eating up the remaining gap. And your heart pounced at the fact that he was so fucking close to you. You can really smell the Louis Vuitton brand on him.

He then placed his hands on either side of you, trapping you between him and the black marble table. He took a deep breath, once and then twice before saying low, "it's way too early for you to be in my head baby but I miss you so much"

And then he paused, for a second there he was so still and you worried if he was even breathing because his chest was heaving anymore but the next second he took another deep breath.

Why are you glued in that position? Get out of there!
This is highly inappropriate, first day and your boss tells you that he misses you and then-- then-
He was looking at your lips now.
Why is he looking at your lips?

He dips his head lower until the gap was so little. Not all handsome faces are kissable but his certainly was and he was so fucking gorgeous.
All you have to do is move but you couldn't.

You couldn't breathe because he was so damn close to your face, your heart was thudding crazily inside your chest.

Badump...

Badump...

Badump...

And you closed your eyes because he was going for it, the kiss.
And then he huffed at your mouth and pulled away.

Turning his back on you he walked around his table to reach a drawer on his right. Took out a small bottle and popped something in his mouth. A pill, maybe. Taking the glass of water he faced the vast window again.

"Not now baby, please let me focus--"
Were the last word that you heard before you made your way out the door silently because that was your only chance to get out of there before he does something else.

You took a deep breath placing a hand on your chest because you could have died back there for holding your breath in for so long. It was so hard to inhale his manly scent when he was just an inch away from you.

He was so fucking close and so damn handsome. That face and that body, oh god, y/n are you whipped for your new boss? And what was all that baby about?

God, you huffed looking up and then you remembered, cake, you have to buy a cake.