...

I went inside the house planning to relax a little.

???: Yo!

A shock travelled through me at the sound for i was not expecting it.
I turned around.

Me: Layla?? At home? You didn't go to school today?

Layla: No, Blacklash has given me some work to do, and she managed to get a leave for me.

Me: Woah! She really gets thing's her way huh.?

Layla: That's who she is pfft. Soooo....what you got going on with Hawks?

Me: What?

Layla: You hugged him. Don't deny, I saw.

Me: Yeah so what? He's like a teacher maybe, something like that..

Layla: Hmmmm...

Me: Don't look at me like that.

Layla: Yeah yeah of course not. Anyways I gotta get to it. She asked me to find some stuff online because she doesn't have time herself and Teleporta is out of town.

Me: Oh...ok

Layla: So how did it go bby?

Me: The meeting? Pretty well.

Layla: So when you getting started?

Me: They'll be informing me in a week i guess.

Layla: Under Hawks?

Me: Don't know anything yet.

Layla: But for real girlie, you gotta buckle up now. The hero course ain't easy. I've been athletic all my life and it still gets me tired sometimes. You have a long way to go.

Me: ..I know...I'll take some time to get completely used to it. But I hope I'll manage.

Layla: Hmm sure you will. Oh....I found what she wanted. I'll send her the links.

Me: What about?

Layla: Some villains...

Me: ok...

Layla soon got a call from Blacklash and she left me home alone.

Some days passed. I was prepared for them to be my last free days. I would be getting super busy for the rest of my life.

And I got a call, before the week was over.
Hawks asked me to meet up at the same station and from there we went to the headquarters.
The president wasn't there this time, she was out on some business. They handed me over a written schedule of a month.

I wondered they took a week to plan only one month?
But I didn't say anything.

So the idea was to get me started directly under Hawks without any other training. That was pretty much it. For one month I was to observe Hawks first hand, much like an internship. It would be crazy.

Hawks: Good now that things have gotten started. See you tomorrow Y/N. Just beware, you'll probably be all cramped up by the night tomorrow.

Me: Huh.?

But without anything more, he flew away.

It was a rather short uneventful night for me, in the morning I woke up, got ready and all set. I asked Teleporta to drop me at Hawks's Agency. And we started.

We went on what was to be a casual patrol. But Hawks is too fast. Fast enough to go invisible right in front of your eyes. I'd be lying if I denied not getting lost while looking for him a couple times. His sidekicks go through this everyday. And me too, was to face this for another month.

He was right, by the time I reached back home my entire body was breaking from just running around so much. I didn't even get to use my quirk, all I did was run around the whole town, in search of a certain Bird man.

If this was what Heroes were to do everyday, then maybe I just can't become one. It felt so hopeless. I lay down on my bed thinking the same, but I didn't even realise when I fell asleep. I was so tired that I honestly didn't even care about where I lay, how I lay, anything at all.