Seven:

***a year before the kidnapping: Remus POV***

⚠️Trigger warning: Abuse/rape/Attempted suicide⚠️

Remus looked at his phone as tears flowed down his face. He watched that video over and over again. Each time it made him feel even worse. His stomach hurt and he threw up into the toilet. The bathroom door flung open and his eyes widened as he met the angry eyes of his step monster.

"You boys live with me, and Erica. You need to respect our fucking boundries! How could you tell your father about the shit that happens here!?" She stormed over and slammed remuss head into the side of the wall. Remus screamed and backed away from her.

"MOM PLEASE IT WASN'T REMUS!" Roman came running over to the bathroom door. Remus looked up at his brother standing in the doorway. "Please it was m-me! Leave him alone he had a rough night!" His step monster laughed.

"Rough night? Rough night?! This fucking idiot told your father who called the fucking police on Erica and I! You know how embarrassing that was!?" She glared at Remus. "He fucking deserves to be out on the streets."

"Stop!" Roman screamed. Remus shook his head and attempted to get off the bathroom floor.

"Roman...please don't..." his step monster laughed and looked at Roman.

"You shut up." She grabbed his arm tightly and dragged him out of the bathroom. Remus screamed as he watched his brother be dragged somewhere. Tears flowed down his face as he finally got to his feet. He ran.

"RO!?" He screamed as he watched her throw him down the stairs and into the basement. "OH MY GOD!" Remus went to run for him to see if he was okay but his step monster grabbed his arm and threw him against the wall. She locked the basement door and turned to him.

"You two will learn your god damn lesson one way or another." She dragged Remus into the bathroom again. Remus shook his head as she closed the bathroom door and locked it. She walked over and turned on the bath.

"What are you-what are you planning?"

"I'm planning on taking a bath." She hummed. Remus backed up.

"Then why am I....please Roman is hurt you can't leave him down there..." she walked over and he flinched back. She unlocked the door and took the key off her neck.

"I scared you enough. Now get out of my sight." Remus ran for his brother as soon as he could. Once he made it down to the basement he made sure Roman didn't have any issues with his bones (a trick he looked up online in case something were to happen to one of them) and once he saw nothing bad he brought Roman over to the cot in the corner. He sat in the chair besides his brother and started to cry. Were they going to make it out of this?"

***a few months later***

Remus coughed up blood and he laughed as he looked up at the ceiling of the bathroom. The empty pill bottles scattered on the ground. He thought about what led him to this point and tears filled his eyes.

"Your brothers a fucking freak." One of Roman's friends said. Remus looked up and then looked over to where Roman was flirting with a soccer player.

"Why because he's gay?" Remus slammed the book shut and stood up.

"Yeah." He laughed. Remus punched him. Roman stormed over and screamed at him for ten minutes after that. He just wanted to protect his brother! Remus glared and decided fine, he would stop standing up for Roman. Even against his mothers.

Remus groaned as he looked towards the bathroom door. Should he even bother calling for him? Would Roman even reply at this point? He didn't want to actually acknowledge that his attempt was working and he didn't even say goodbye.