Such a Pity

You can try, you can beg, stand upon trembling legs to define me. You can lie, you can cheat, you can try to defeat who you see when you look at me, but that's not my responsibility. Such a pity. You can think what you like. You can rip out my spine from beneath me. You can laugh as you lash me with knives and razors, trying to change me- but I'll never take on your behaviors. That's not who I want to be. That doesn't exist in me, I'm not a faker, so look in my eyes as I laugh while I start to bleed. Do you feel cursed? As the cycle starts to repeat, you're only made worse. Try to repent for the hate you have spent on your neighbor. The one who stayed despite all the ways that you flayed her. Are you tired yet, are you tired of playing the victim? Sit down and rest to start over again. Why try to change when you justify your sin? Such a pity. Pray that I don't ever see you in my city. Because it's hands on sight and I'll knock out your lights into next week. You say that I'm different, you say I'm a freak. Well full offense, but that's a compliment when it's you who speaks. I will never be what you think of me. I will never be what you think of me. I cut you off just to bring about my peace. I'm not afraid to leave you in your misery. I will never let you break my heart, I'm free. I will never let you break my spirit, please- as if you could. Now watch me ascend from your knees. I cut you off just to bring about my peace. Such a pity.