Holding On To Heaven

It's been days since Rich moved in with me. Mom and Jersey don't seem to have noticed and everything's gone well so far so good.
'Lunch?'
'Lunch. ' I replied.
I snuck him out of my room window and thank goodness he was athletic because God help if he didn't survive that two Metre fall. I jumped out the window and landed just as well on my two feet.

We held hands and started towards the nearest diner.

'Waitress! Waitress!! Where's the waitress?' I asked.
'Don't worry. We won't be needing the waitress either way.'
I just looked at him.
'So where are we going to get our food?' I asked.
'We're going to steal it. ' he cunned.
' Steal? ' I asked in a worried way, 'I have some money on me. We don't need to steal...'
He gave me a death stare and pointed at the cask register.
'Now. Come.' his eyes all of a sudden going a dark red.
I stepped backwards and started to quiver as he brought out a cutlass from the back I didn't notice he was carrying on his back.

'I'm not stealing with-with... With you! Go die!' I gulped, swallowing down the many tears I had produced in the last thirty seconds.
A gust of wind flew into the diner at the exact same time everyone went quiet. I could already see parents gathering their children towards the exits of the diner.

Rich looked around, red eyed and spat at my face. He pointed his cutlass at the cash register and slowly started to walk backwards. He then turned around and sped off towards the register.
He held up his weapon.
'GET OUTT!!!' he screeched.
And just like that, everyone scrambled out of the diner, doing a much better job than the eggs on their plate.
I froze. Rich emptied out the cashier and busted out laughing.
'You see?! Look at all this money! It's all yours! Amazing, isn't it? It's amazing right?' he boomed with the brightest smile ever known to man, 'We can get all this money for nothing! Just a little wave of the cutlass and they were gone, like flies-'
'Rich I don't think what you're doing is right. I like you but-'
'You don't want to steal. Okay... I guess I respect that then.' he rolled his eyes.
I scratched my head and pointed towards the door.
'Um... There might be a town hunt for the guy wearing the blue Jersey and denim jeans so... '
I motioned him towards the bathrooms.
'I'll be waiting out here' I said.
He looked at me like I was crazy.
'What?' I eyed him, 'You've got yourself I to enough trouble. The last thing you want to do is walk the run runway.'
He sighed.
'Didn't it ever occur to you that this isn't the first time I'm doing this?'
I hummed.
'Uh... Yeah.' I deadpanned.
'So obviously, there must be a way I get out of these situations.' he said in a Coe.
'What's the game plan then?' I asked.
He brought out the cutlass he used to chase the people away.
'Well.. There's really not much to it... '
'Just tell me!'
'I just walk out the door and if all goes wrong, I wave my knife around like a maniac. It's called chance. The chance I'll be shot and taken away by the police. Chance, chances... Just make sure you're not the one being chanced.'
He smiled and headed towards the door. I followed. He gestured for me to go first.
'You've got to bear with me, Jordan. You've got to hold on, otherwise the train will leave you. I will leave you. You're in or you're out.'
I just gasped at him like the stereotypical monkey society thought I was.
He held out his hand.
'Come my little wallflower. '
I hesitated but not too long afterwards, I took his hand and cuddled next to his chest.
'I will come... My popular beast. I'm coming.'
We then walked back home.

It was about six in the morning when I noticed there was something wrong. I still hadn't asked Rich why he thrashed my house. That I realized was the reason I even went on that whole car wash escapade.
So I snuck into his room and shook his shoulders, only to find him not in his bed. I winced.
'Rich! Where are you?!' I whispered and hissed at the same time.
Silence. This boy was asking for trouble.
'Rich! I swear.. '
I caught him in the kitchen stuffing half our fridge into a rucksack... My.. Rucksack.
'What... Are you doing?' I scolded in a 'I'm a mad black woman, Tyler Perry knows' kind of way.
He turned around and un surprise, stubbed his toe.
'Stop flipping screaming and explain why you are packing the food in my fridge into what also seems to be my rucksack!' I freaked.
He rubbed his head.
'I didn't know you'd be awake at such an early hour... '
'Same here, gangster. ' I jeered.
He winced.
'What's that hissing sound you always do with your mouth-'
'Why are you.. In my kitchen?' I asked.
'It is six in the morning and School's in a few hours. Get back to bed or I'll rat you out.'
He smirked but eventually made his way along the hallway and up the long flight of stairs.
'And wipe that smile off your face!' I yelled after him, forgetting that mom and Jersey would have heard what was going on.
I opened the cupboard, hoping to find a quick nibble, considering that I probably wasn't going  back to sleep.