Five

Damon

Arella squeals happily when I eventually arrive home from work. She's wearing the cutest onesie I've ever seen. It's covered in cute tiny bees. Her bangs are messy and her eyes are glowing with happiness.

"There's my girls!" I exclaim, walking over to the bed and lifting Arella into the air.

She giggles and claps, soaking up the attention I'm giving her. Freya watches with a small smile of her own. Usually, I come straight home to give her a kiss. I couldn't bypass my darling baby girl, though.

Walking towards Freya's side of the bed, I lean down with Arella in my arms, and press a kiss to my wife's lips. She smells like honeysuckle with a hint of lemon. I love it.

"I missed you today. Arella missed you more." She winked, pointing to where the toddler has a death grip on my neck.

"I missed you too, princess. Did you have fun with Freya today?" Arella wraps her right leg around my stomach, practically climbing up my body.

"I have to get changed, baby girl. Do you want to come with me?" It seems like I'm asking. In reality, I don't think I have a choice. We got a spider monkey for a baby.

Walking into our huge closet, I manage to detangle Arella and place her on one of the chests in here. I make sure to change quickly and keep on my boxer briefs. I'll have to change those later.

Dawned with a fresh pair of sweatpants, I walk back into the room to see my wife pressing on her breast with a wince.

"You should try nursing her tonight." I tell her after sliding into bed.

"I've been researching some material on breastfeeding toddlers. Most of the articles didn't apply to our situation. I did get some good tips for when I do eventually get her on the breast, but I don't want to force anything." She explains.

Meanwhile, Arella is content to sit on my lap while playing with one of her new toys.

"Just watch," I turn towards to Arella, tapping her shoulder to get her attention, "Hey, pretty girl. Do you want some milky?"

Freya playfully slaps my shoulder while Arella looks between the two of us. "Don't tell her that. It just seems manipulative that way."

I rolls my eyes and sit Arella up on my lap. While I talk and play with her, Freya runs downstairs to grab something, only leaving me with a warning that she'll be right back.

My baby girl whimpers when she walks out of her eyesight. She always wants us both at the same time. While the thought is sweet, it's just not possible. I have to work. There's no other option for me.

If I didn't, somebody would kill me to take my place. I was born and raised in this life and I'll die in it too. My reigns will be passed down to Andrea. Then to his son. So on so forth.

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my work. You don't make it far in this life if you don't take certain pleasures with killing. I like the way the scum of this city beg and plead for mercy under my knife.

I like watching the way they bleed. On some days, it's harder than normal to change back into the family man my wife and children need. My bloodlust is strong. Especially seeing and knowing the things these low lives get away with.