7 ~ Card Game

"You lose!" I shouted as happy as I've ever been, almost startling myself and the entire dorm with me because of my happy screams, celebrating yet another win!

"dh' eug Dia e," He grunted in frustration, when for the second time in a row a grumpy Soap, sitting across from me on his bed, threw away his playing cards towards the ground.

To be honest, I had to repeat these words in my head one more time while Soap couldn't contain his frustration. And by that, it means "god damn it" in Scottish, more like the Gaelic version, but correct me if I'm wrong!

And just to make it clear, don't ever force me in trying to learn this language because it's already making my head tired by thinking about it.

"How are you so good at this?" Soap asked me frustrated with his Scottish accent, while he's almost looking like a lost baby who doesn't like to lose, as I already bent down to pick up the remaining cards from the ground.

"Just luck..?" I asked him with a smile, and that's when I suddenly felt something unusual going behind my back when I wasn't watching at all.

The man may be a menace to look at, but he can't hide his desires, as I suddenly felt one man's eyes peeking a look at my ass when I picked up the cards from the ground, and I'm not talking about Mactavish.

Besides Gaz, who isn't in the dorms with us, and captain Price as well; he still needed to discuss something with Laswell over the phone who's still in the U.S, flying towards Amsterdam in a little bit to meet with us, so ofcourse it had to be the other one.

But it somehow felt like a weird dream when I stood up again, as this man is pretending to read his book again, still wearing the skull balaclava to hide every kind of emotion, and he's silent.

He's dead fucking silent.

"You got some good luck then Louisa," Soap expressed himself with a smile, kind of accepting the fact he lost, as I took my seat opposite from him again, leaning my head against the wall of the dorms.

I immediately smiled at him because of this comment, as we decided to play yet another game of cards. It feels fun playing with someone like John, especially during a break like this before we're leaving for Amsterdam soon.

And with every mission, you know what they say, you don't know if it will be your last. I know Amsterdam like it's my back pocket, just like I know the Hague as my home town, but you don't know what to expect eventually.

There can be danger around every corner, even in Amsterdam because it is such a touristic place; drugs, sex, you name it, it's probably there.

"Finally!" Soap suddenly expressed himself as happy as he's ever been, raising his hands in the air to finally celebrate his victory.

"Godverdomme," (God damn it) I said frustrated, as I, just like Soap a moment ago, almost wanted to throw my cards towards the ground because of my anger, but I don't want to take this happy moment away from him.

He deserves a win, but someone else was probably thinking otherwise.

"English, Franklin," He grunted frustrated, as both Soap and I's gaze immediately went towards the side to stare at the Brit, hearing Soap sigh in frustration while shaking his head.

Ghost didn't bother to look up from his book while he said this, but he can definitely see my eyes staring into his soul.

What the fuck is his problem?

"Grumpy old man doesn't like us having fun," I sighed, hoping for some support from Soap but the Scot only smiled at me, even though I wished for him to say something to back me up a little.