Chapter 19

You left Jack talking with Barbossa in the caves and snuck to the side of the island, using a torch to signal Will and Elizabeth waiting in a long boat.

A few minutes later, you helped pull their boat to shore and they hopped out. "Gibbs got the signal to warn Norrington," Will explained, wrapping you a quick hug.

"Did you figure out how to kill them?" Elizabeth asked.

You shook your head in frustration, "not yet, but it's only a matter of time before Barbossa gives something away."

"I don't understand how he doesn't know," Elizabeth wondered.

"His crew is huge," you shrugged, "maybe he just didn't keep track until it was too late."

—-------------------

You walked back into the clearing, Will and Elizabeth in tow. Barbossa looked to you with a smile before turning to Elizabeth, "welcome back Ms. Swan."

You stepped in front of her, "the imperial navy is aboard long boats outside," you explained, "you can send your men out."

Barbossa chuckled, his voice booming, "gents, take a walk."

Elizabeth leaned in close, "you promised James wouldn't be harmed."

You nodded, "he won't be, Barbossa will take the ship first before attacking the long boats," you explained, "it keeps the element of surprise."

Elizabeth nodded and Will stepped close to you, "what now?" he whispered.

You smiled, "now we wait for Jack to fight."

—----------------

A few moments later, Jack and Barbossa were chatting, when Jack suddenly pulled out his sword, "sorry mate, but I still care about revenge."

Jack crossed blades with Barbossa as you and Will pulled out your swords, moving to intercept the other men in the cave.

You paried attacks as if you had done it a thousand times, moving the sword as if it was an extension of yourself - as Will had taught you. The pirates couldn't be killed, but you just needed to delay them.

You placed a hard kick to the chest of one of the pirates creating a momentary space to glance at Jack. You watched Barbossa knock Jack's sword aside, breathless he leaned against a wall as Barbossa towered above him.

"You should've honored the deal, Jack," Barbossa said menacingly. You pushed your feet as fast as they could go, jumping in between Barbossa and Jack, your sword colliding with Barbossa's.

"You shouldn't have marooned my brother," you said, a wicked smile playing on your lips. Barbossa matched it, crossing blades with you and ignoring Jack as he caught his breath on the ground. You continued fighting with Barbossa, his strength pushing you back time and time again, but you were just quick enough to block his deadly blows.

—------------------

Jack's POV

He watched his sister proudly as she expertly battled Barbossa. "Did you teach her that?" Jack shouted to Will as he came to his side.

Will smiled, sparing a glance at you, "she's a natural, mate."

Will and Jack battled side by side against Barbossa's men. "Is now a good time to ask about your intentions with my sister?" Jack asked between blows.

Will looked at him in confusion, taking a hard blow and blocking it, "not really."

Jack laughed, "she loves you."

Will was still concentrating, but he smiled, "we're getting married, when this is over," he said through blows.

Jack blocked another attacker, "I love weddings!" he shouted.

Will and Jack smiled at each other as they continued. Just as they were getting the upper hand, they heard a sickening sound that would haunt them forever.