Love fixes everything... I guess

That night, I pondered in my bed. I was no longer angry anymore, but I was a bit upset. I thought about Licorice, Clover, Ms. Cream Puff and Rock Candy Cookie. I mostly thought about Rock Candy. I didn't like him, but I hated hating him. For one, my parents wouldn't want me to have enemies, and Rock Candy was my biggest enemy, and two, he's one of the cookies who really triggers my anger, so that's a problem. I never thought I'd find myself thinking such things, but I wanted to make peace with Rock Candy. In other words, I wanted to be friends with him. Probably nothing wrong with a friend... that's what my parents wants me to have anyways... I thought. I didn't know how I could befriend him. He hated me, so it wouldn't be easy.

I looked over at my door to see someone opening it. It was Poison Mushroom, waddling over to their bed. They crouched down to look under it and then pulled out a bouquet of flowers. I shouldn't had taken mind to it, but yet, I asked them who they were for. "Ohhh... For... Onion Cookie..." they said. "It's an... apology for... hurting her..." I guess they accidentally poisoned her somehow... again. Then, I had an idea: I would give Rock Candy some flowers as a gift. Even if that wouldn't completely put us on good terms, I guess there was no harm trying. Later that night, once everyone was fast asleep, I got up out of bed, put my slippers on and snuck out the house. I picked some flowers in the garden and put them in a cute vase filled with some water. I would've grown some myself, but I didn't know how to use my nemesia powers willingly. I went back inside and put the vase on my dresser. I laid down and pondered once more. Am I really doing this? For a cookie I hate... for a cookie who hates me? I thought. I assured myself that this was definitely the right idea, and then tried to get some sleep.

The next day, Licorice was driving me to school this time. Thank goodness. As he drove me there, I looked down at the vase in my hands, pondering if I was making the right decision again. Licorice took a glance at the vase and asked "what's that for?" I mumbled that it was just a gift for someone. "Oh? A gift for who? Someone you admire? C'mon, you can tell me" he chuckled. I flushed a bit and told him to stop it. Licorice smiled and decided not to tease me any further. I don't like him like that, this is just a platonic gift, that's all... I thought. As I got out to get into the building, I looked down at the vase once more. I took a deep breath, and walked inside. I strolled down the halls, looking for Rock Candy. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this, but there was no turning back now. 

When I turned the corner, I finally found him

When I turned the corner, I finally found him. He was chatting with two of his... stupid friends. I felt nervous, but I took another deep breath and walked toward him. The closer I walked, the higher I held the vase. "Hey... uhm..." I mumbled, trying to get his attention. He eventually noticed me, so I raised the vase higher. But, one of his friends thought it'd be funny to trip me. I fell down hard on my chest and the vase shattered onto the floor. Water, glass and flowers were scattered infront of me and Rock Candy. The two jerks laughed and pointed at me. I sat up on my knees and looked down at myself. My uniform was wet from the water in the vase. I should've just ran away, crying, but something inside me told me not to give up. I picked up one of the flowers, stood up on my feet and handed it to him. I had my head down because I was a bit afraid to look him in the eyes. It was silent. It felt like time and space had froze. I slowly looked up at him. He just stared at the flower in my hand with his cheeks red. I frowned. Is he really getting the wrong idea? I thought. I took his hand, put the flower in it and then put it on his chest. "Uhm... what's this for?" he finally spoke, with his mouth twitching like he was freezing. "It's just a gift... you don't have to accept it" I mumbled and then turned away to get to class. Silence. Then, I heard one of his friends say to him "ooh, I think the quiet cookie likes you~" I felt myself flush. I don't like him... I thought. Not like that... 

"I... I don't care! Besides, I wouldn't date him even if he were the last cookie on Earthbread!" he shouted. I shrugged it off. I felt a bit proud of myself for doing something I would never really find myself doing, but I also felt like I made a mistake. Now his friends probably think I have a crush on him or something. I took a deep breath, knowing things would get bad later on. As I walked into the classroom, I handed Ms. Cream Puff a flower that was stuck onto my clothing when the vase shattered. She looked at me, smiled and thanked me. That smile was the only thing that kept my mind off my troubles for the rest of the day.