Worry, worry, worry...

The next day, I haven't gotten much sleep. I have tossed, turned and worried throughout the night. I was worried about passing Rock Candy and looking him in the eyes. I was afraid I would suddenly freak out and run away like a pussy. I would for sure be known as the freak of the school if that happened. It felt like my stomach twisted into a tight knot. I have never felt so nervous and afraid before. I told myself everything was going to be fine, everything was going to be okay, but deep down, I was still afraid. After getting ready for school, I walked down and saw the jellies on the table. I didn't feel hungry, so I left them alone. When I looked outside, Clover was driving again. I felt my body heat up in anger. Why's he driving again!? I thought, clenching my fists. I took a deep breath, and decided to suck it up. Not even at school yet, and my day had already gotten worse.

I looked down at my lap, feeling so many things at once. I was afraid, nervous, upset, and a bit angry. "Dear Nemesia, whatever is bothering you?" Clover asked. I didn't answer. "Nemesia?" he asked again. "Is something bothering you?" I started getting irritated. "Nemesia, please answer me, what's wrong?" he asked. Something inside me told me to yell out "oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that you're driving me to school and ever since the last time you drove me to school, YOU EMBARRASSED ME INFRONT OF STUDENTS!?" Silence. I had never yelled at my parents before. I looked at Clover. He was surprised, and looked a bit sad. I was surprised at myself. I did it again... I yelled out unintentionally... I thought. I felt the same as last time I yelled out: proud and ashamed. "I'm... so sorry, Nemesia. I didn't know I... made you feel bad" he quietly said, ashamed. You may expect me to forgive him and act like everything is cool now, but no. I didn't forgive him. Instead, I just felt even more proud. Making him feel bad made me feel better. I was definitely ready to go to school now.

When I got out of the car, Clover didn't say anything. I was satisfied, but why was I? I knew he deserved it, but like I said last time, that's what a bad child would do, but I just shrugged it off, and walked into the building without another thought. As I walked to my class, I felt a tiny bit of regret. He was probably going to tell Licorice about this, and I don't think Licorice would be so happy hearing such news. My proud feeling jumped out of the window, and died. What was I becoming? I literally wanted to become just like Licorice one day, with a big scythe, lots of confidence, messy hair and a heart of gold. My heart wasn't golden at all, and my confidence was definitely not with me anymore. So, just like that, my worries took over once more. I turned the corner to see my class straight ahead. I put my head down while walking there, feeling upset. Then, out of nowhere, I was tripped once again. I fell flat on my face. I looked up to see Rock Candy and his friends. I wanted to run away, but I didn't. Something inside told me to just stay there, see what they wanted from me.

"Whoops! Sorry, did I startle you?" one of his friends laughed. I got a bit annoyed, but still kept my cool. "Dude, be more careful! You'll ruin Rock Candy's future partner's beautiful face!" the other one laughed. Rock Candy's face turned red. "I told you to stop with that!!" Rock Candy yelled. "He wants to take you out on a date, he thinks ice cream would be nice" one of his friends said to me, ignoring him. "He wants to give you a big, fat, juicy kiss on the cheek... no, on the lips!" the other laughed. Rock Candy looked like he wanted to sink into the floor. Is that all true? I thought. "Shut up! I don't wanna kiss that... that... stupid freak! I-I'd rather lick a cake hound's fur!" Rock Candy exclaimed. I didn't want to deal with anymore of this, so I got up and tried to make a beeline to my class, but I was grabbed by my backpack strap.

 I didn't want to deal with anymore of this, so I got up and tried to make a beeline to my class, but I was grabbed by my backpack strap

One of his friends had their hands on my wrists and the other pushed Rock Candy closer to me. I would've pushed them off, but all I did was freeze. I didn't even attempt to escape. The other one pushed Rock Candy closer. I stared at his fearful face. "I told you to stop it already!" Rock Candy screamed once more. I was then shoved into him, making us both fall onto the floor. I had fell on his chest pretty hard, so that must've him hurt a lot. I sat up and looked down at him. I noticed he was wearing a blue, sparkly sweater, lined with blue rock candies. That was definitely against the rules. It wasn't even cold out, but I found it kinda cool. Not only was his sweater cool, but the fact he broke a rule felt cool to me, and I didn't know why. I then looked at his face. He looked at me with bright, red cheeks. I panicked, jumping off him. I then looked next to me. One of his friends had taken a picture.

"This'll be a great wallpaper for your phone, don't you think, Rock Candy?" he laughed. Rock Candy quickly sat up and tried to grab the phone out of his hand. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to escape, so I made a run for it. All day in class, I worried. I had told myself everything would be alright, but everything was not alright. I felt so embarrassed, so humiliated, so... terrible. I thought making Clover feel bad was enough to make my day, but it wasn't. Now my day was filled with nothing but worry, worry, worry...