Chapter 9

Sarah's POV:

"Miss April!" the class yelled. I watched in terror as April passed out. She can't pass out. She's pregnant! This definitely isn't normal. Should I call Nick?

"Sarah! Could you please call your brother?" Miss Barb asked, panicked. I nodded my head and ran to get my phone and came back. When I was just about to hit Nick's contact, I saw April's eyes open. 

April's POV:

I opened my eyes. What happened? I slowly rubbed my eyes and tried to sit up, failing miserably as I lost my balance and Sarah caught me. 

"April, you just fainted, rest for a while." Sarah whispered while rubbing my back. I was too tired to argue with her and just obeyed. My head kept spinning and I felt ill. I could hear the little kids asking Miss Barb what happened but I was too tired to answer them.

"April, honey. Why did you just faint? Are you sick?" Miss Barb asked me worriedly. Sarah passed a knowing look at me as I shook my head. 

"Okay. Do you want to call Nick?" Miss Barb asked. I shook my head so fast that I could hear my brain rattling, which gave me a worse headache. "Okay then. But you have to go sit down. I'll continue the class." Miss Barb told me. I obliged and went to sit on the chair.

*After class*

Sarah's POV:

"April do you feel better now?" I said softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she whispered weakly. She sounded so weak, it was pretty obvious she was not fine but I didn't want to argue with her.

"Miss April are you okay?" Michelle asked.

"Yea, I'm fine. But, um, could you guys not tell your brother what happened?" April said weakly. Michelle nodded her head. I asked gently, "Why don't you want to tell Nick?" "It's just that... I don't want to worry him," April said. Normally I would have argued with her but I've never seen April look so weak and vulnerable before and it kind of scared me so I just nodded my head and helped her up.

April's POV:

Nick's truck soon pulled up and we got into it. I still feel horrible, by the way. But Nick didn't need to know that. 

*In the car*

Sarah's POV:

I kept glancing at April because she kept looking paler by the second. I slowly rubbed her back trying to make her feel better as I looked at her worriedly. I may not show it but I was really worried about April. I really cared about her like a sister and seeing her so vulnerable when she's always so proper and strict just felt... wrong.

April's POV:

I was so thankful for Sarah rubbing my back in the van as I felt so much worse. I gave a her grateful smile as she smiled back and patted her shoulder. I slowly put my head on her shoulder as she stroked my hair gently. 

"Thanks," I whispered.

"No problem," she whispered back gently.