Chapter: 5

Minhyuk was looking directly into his eyes, nervously without saying anything.

"Don't look like that, I'm more angry."

"You are lying."

Shocked by his response, the only question Jooheon could ask with a blink and open mouth was "A lie?" happened.

"What have you been through with your partner? What about going to his house?! HIS HOUSE!"

Jooheon kept his eyes closed for 2 seconds and took deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"Baby, I went to his house to sober up. I slept a little on his couch while he was making coffee. That's why the smell may have permeated me."

"I'll go out too, I'll drink, I'll go to another man's house..."

"Look, it's tit for tat. It's not the same thing, Minhyuk."

Minhyuk sighed and stood up. "The truth will come out soon, I don't worry at all."

"There's something I'm curious about but, why do you want to get this promotion?"

Ignoring his question, Minhyuk continued to speak as if Jooheon wasn't speaking.

"Even if you did, you lose, not me."

Angry now, Jooheon unintentionally raised his voice.

"I DID NOT DO ANYTHING, MINHYUK! STOP THAT AND ANSWER!"

"Because I'm sick of taking orders, you know? I want to give orders now!"

"Then quit that job! Why are you wearing yourself out, me, us?"

Even Minhyuk's eyes filled with tears. "When i got this close..." he placed his hand on Jooheon's cheek and looked into his eyes filled with tears. "...I can't quit Jooheon."

"You don't need it Min, you know that..."

"I promise the day I get promoted we'll have a great vacation together."

Jooheon, shoulders slumped, gave up once again. "Well...okay."

Minhyuk pushed his beloved husband to the seat and sat down on top of him. He hugged him and kissed his hair. Jooheon wrapped his arms around his husband who had given up.

"Jooheon, you're not going to leave me are you?"

"No, I won't."

"Don't leave me... Everything will be fine, I promise. We won't fight anymore."

"Ok darling." He tried to calm him and himself by stroking his back. After standing like that for a while, they went to sleep together.

A few days later, Minhyuk went to work, while Jooheon was sitting at home in his sweatpants, thanks to his off day. Staring blankly at the TV, Jooheon turned his head towards the doorbell as if he could see what's coming. He got up hastily from his seat and shuffled to open the door. It was a shock when he opened it.

"Changkyun?"

With a cute smile on his face, Changkyun raised his unfulfilled hand. "Hi."

"Hi welcome." Jooheon was still thinking why he came, but since he couldn't ask, he was the kind host with a confused smile on his face.

Changkyun handed the bag he was holding to him. "I came to fetch this. I didn't tell you, but I'm sorry... I'll go anyway." He even had one foot thrown back while uttering this sentence. Jooheon took the bag from his hand.

"Oh...thank you, it doesn't matter. If you're not in a hurry, come in." He stepped aside as he stared at his face for him to reply.

Changkyun put his hand on the back of his neck, the last thing he wants to be misunderstood... is it?