Chapter: 8

When Jooheon came home, he opened the door with his keys and entered. Holding the bracelet in front of the door, Minhyuk spoke in an uneasy tone.

"What's this?"

Jooheon was staring at his hand. He had no idea what it was.

"This... bracelet?"

Even before Jooheon had finished his sentence, he could already hear Minhyuk yelling as he was wringing his hands in anger.

"WHO'S?"

Jooheon closed the door of the house without breaking eye contact with Minhyuk. He was trying to make sense of them. Something was on his mind, but of course he wouldn't show it.

"Mine?"

Minhyuk pulled his eyes away from Jooheon as he gave a mocking "hah" smile. When their eyes met again, he was no longer smiling.

"Nice joke."

Jooheon, on the other hand, spoke in a tone that would convince even himself that he was innocent.

"Why the joke baby? The gift."

"FROM WHO?! May I guess?"

Jooheon blinked. "Guess."

"From your partner."

Bingo!

"Yes."

Minhyuk went one step closer to Jooheon. He spoke as he continued to squeeze in his hand and wave it in front of Jooheon's face.

"Why does it have the letters IDC on it? Can you explain that too?"

Jooheon was smiling too as he took a step towards him so as not to disturb him.

"Are you jealous of me?"

Minhyuk went back and raised his voice, serious.

"Jooheon! why... it has... the letters... IDC... on it? EXPLAIN!"

Jooheon was still trying to remain calm and was speaking very carefully, trying not to break the pot.

"Baby, why would you write your own name on it if I buy you a gift? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the name of the person who received the gift written on it? Not because you're my husband. Kihyun, for example, my employee. If I buy him a gift, because it's from me, it would have letters of my own name."

"Well, why have I never seen you wearing this?"

"Because I lost it. I thought I dropped it somewhere outside or at the company, but I guess I lost it at home."

"This is a worn thing, Jooheon? It hasn't been long since you've met, and it's worn out."

Jooheon was now rebelling at the comfort of a truth-teller.

"I don't know, Minhyuk, I guess I didn't ask that much."

But Minhyuk didn't believe it, never.

"You've known him for a month."

He said what he had wanted to say all morning but didn't say because he didn't want to even think about it.

"Jooheon that means something."

"What?"

"That guy got here while I was gone."

"Yes, he came?"

"WHY?"

"One evening when you were at work, he brought my pants while he was walking by the house."

"Why is his bracelet in our seat?" Tired of listening to lies. "Jooheon can you tell the truth now?"