Part 8

Kobra went to the music store Ghoul worked at so he could see his friend and get some guitar strings for his bass guitar. Just as he came in, he heard Ghoul talking to two others. He recognized one as the comic store owner from across the street, the other he didn't quite recognize, though they both looked familiar.

    As he went to them, he could hear. “My friend plays bass guitar, and I play rhythm guitar. Should we band together?” He asked, grinning at his pun.

    The comic store owner laughed. “Yeah, sounds great!”

    Kobra piped in. “Speaking of which, I need guitar strings.”

    “Hey K- Jack!” Ghoul said happily.

    “Heya. What were ya gonna call me?” Kobra asked though he knew the answer.   

    “Something that wouldn’t make sense to them.” He laughed.

    The comic store owner piped up. “What makes you think we won’t understand?”

    “Because it’s something from before we met you. Ever heard of being a killjoy?” Ghoul responded.

    Both the store owner and his friend started to howl with laughter. “We are killjoys! Well, were . . . you get the point.”

    “Oh really?” Kobra asked.

    “Yeah!” To Ghoul. “Were you gonna call him by his killjoy name?”

    “Yeah.” He laughed.

    “Well, we’ll share our names if you share yours . . . and help us find the other two of our group.” The comic store owner said.

    “Well, what are their names?” Ghoul asked.