chapter 5

*saturday night, the night of the next party*
<jessie's pov>

its almost 8 pm which means harper will almost be here. im so excited for tonight! i already cleaned my room. we don't have a lot of money so the house isnt very big, which means my room isn't either but i tried to make it look okay.

then the doorbell rings. i quickly get up and open the door. and there they are, looking absolutely stunning. harper is wearing blue oversized cargopants, with a black crop top and a flannel. her hair is in a messy bun. she greets me with a hug and i smell something familiar. the billie eilish fragrance. so she is a billie fan, thats a good thing for sure.

"you smell so nice! billie frangrance right?" i say.

"yea! youre a billie fan too?" they answer

"yep, ive been a proud fan since 2018"

"amazing. give me a house tour dude"

i show her around. she stops to look at the pictures in the hallway.

"wait is this you?" harper says pointing at a baby picture of me.

"yep, cute right" i answer. i always hate when people look at these pictures, they always ask questions which creates a awkard vibe.

"yes so cute. who is this cutie?" she asks pointing at my twin brother on a baby picture of us. great, this is gonna be awkard.

"my twin brother brian."

"you have a twin brother? thats so cool, do you look like each other now? i dont see any pictures of him now." really harper? you can't take that as a hint?

"i dont know. he died due to leukemia when we were 14." i explain. although its been 4 years, it still hurts to talk about him. we were inseparable as kids, so his death was really traumatic for me.

"oh uhm im sorry. do you want to talk about it or would you rather not?"

"maybe another time. lets get ready to party!!" i say to try and lighten the mood. at least harper asked if i wanted to talk, most people dont really know what to say and ask me if we were close and all that.

---------------------------------------------------
<harpers pov>

we go up to jessies room. her house is not very big, but it has that wooden house in a forest vibe and i love it. i feel really guilty asking about her brother tho. i shouldve known since there werent any pictures of him older than 14.

her room is small, but cute. it has a double bed, a desk by the window and a closet. the room is decorated with posters and plants.

"your room is so cute!" i complement her as i look around. i see the billie fragrance on her desk, and a couple of billie posters on the wall.

"thank you" jessie answers

"have you ever been to a billie concert?" i ask her while i put on some music. billie eilish, of course.

"yeah i went to the when we all fall asleep tour in 2019. have you?" jessie says.

"haven't sadly. i got tickets to the where do we go tour but it got canceled due to the pandemic." i answer

"we should go together to her next tour then!" she says

"yes we should! that would be so fun" i say.

"can you please help me pick out my outfit for tonight?" jessie says as she opens her closet.

"of course" i say, being excited that i get to pick out her outfit.
i look trough her clothes, and find blue low waisted jeans with some white accents, a white crop top to match the pants and a white belt.

"i think this is cute with some accessories. try it on!" i say.

"okay. turn around creep!" jessie says jokingly.

"okay okay" i laugh. i turn around, but jessie forgot there is a mirror next to her closet, so i can see her getting changed. she also turned around, so i can just see her back. she is hot. very very hot. when she's finished i turn back around.

"dude, you look amazing. youre so hot!" i say, smiling and being proud of the outfit i created.

"thank you, u did a good job. lets do makeup!" she says, looking in the mirror.

we do our makeup and hair as we sing billie lyrics and when where all dressed up jessie takes some pictures. i get a notification from instagram that jessie posted something on her story.

"and your wish came true

"and your wish came true. im so gay." i jokingly say because of the song lyrics jessie posted with the photo.

"thank the lords you are, otherwise i wouldve kissed a straight girl. that wouldnt be good" she says laughing.

its already 10pm so we decide its time to go to the party.