2. About Time

"Oh. That guy. Forgive me for forgetting. His existence hasn't been prominent lately. I believe I he goes further deeper into my mind the more you talk about marriage." Wednesday scrunched her nose, unable to hide disgust.

Her parents were as pathetically romantic as Enid with Sven or whatever name that guy was.

Being overall against marriages, the ending Wednesday had planned for her book was that the main character Abbey realized her love wasn't her husband, and in the end the wedding was canceled, preferably someone dies like Abbey's most cherished loved one, and the antagonist's face explodes on a bowl of punch.

Still, there were several plot holes as to how Abbey was able to achieve the conclusion at the end of the story.

Sometimes she was so thick headed that Wednesday, being the author, wanted to use her fingers to use the keyboard to stab her. 

To tell her how stupid she was being, that this man Abbey was marrying was the wrong choice because he didn't love her, but that was saved for the plot twist...

Wednesday wrote scenes where Abbey was so gullible she wanted to put a knife to her throat and tell her to woman up. Which symbolized a great liking for her.

And lately, not being able to tie the loose ends of her story made her infuriated.

The major part that was difficult for her to figure out was how to make Abbey escape her ceremony from the evil person who wanted her head off. But Wednesday filled the story with too many obstacles, and now she herself couldn't figure out how to get past it...

This was making her go more insane than her visions were, a fact that surprised even Wednesday herself.

"WEDNESDAY! ARE YOU LISTENING?" Enid's talking had been pushed to the back of her friend's system.
Wednesday pretended that she had been listening all along.

"I said that Brea just DMed me on Instagram on an account that I KNOW is hers, though I can't prove it because it does not trace back to her, for some annoying reason,"Enid said. "She said, as somebody anonymous, for me to meet her at the Corner room of the party when it's almost over, because she wants to give me a gift to congratulate me. That sounds risky."

An idea began forming in Wednesday's mind. "What do you want me to do?"
Enid gave her a pleading look and her friend already knew about the favor she was asking.
"Why don't you let your boy, um, Sebro or something-"

"Sebastian." Enid's face was crumpling up.
"Yeah. Him. Let him make sure you're safe. That's what he's supposed to do. That's his role to you."
"Ugh. Fine. But you kick ass better than he does, you know."

Wednesday didn't respond, sinking back into her chair as she began clicking the buttons of her typewriter.

She would work on something else, a poem about the ten different ways to darken someone's life when they seemed to be heading to the right path. As for her story, well...

She wasn't going to help Enid for a reason. First, that was Sebastian's job, and second, Enid's situation was surprisingly close to Wednesday's book. Like the antagonist was similar to Brea, and the obstacles set up would be similar to something basic Brea would scheme.

Examples: placing small, wiggly creatures to poison drinks, letting loose wild animals from inside the school's cage, disguising weapons and deadly objects as innocent things that fit the surroundings.

Wednesday could simply make a similar scenario for her book, and however her friend would escape would be her solution.

The reason she hadn't thought of it yet made her have the slightest tingle of self doubt as a writer.

But what she didn't have any doubt on was that Brea would be up to something possibly worse than EVER, but this was the perfect scenario to gain inspiration from her story! Enid would be fine- probably.

Wednesday couldn't wait for the day of her friend's party, which was the following evening. That was when she would finally get some answers for her book, the ones that had kept her awake for months.

And it was about damn time.

Part 3 (presumably last part, if not part 4) will be out on Nov. 25.