Fighting before calls

Nino groaned as he woke up, opening bleary eyes, he saw white walls.

"You scared the living crap outta me." Ali's soft voice spoke, he was sitting next to Nino.

"What happened?" Nino asked, voice hoarse and scratchy.

"You fainted." Ali explained and gently brushed Nino's cheek with his thumb.

"Clark!" Nino suddenly said and shot up.

"Hey, lay back down." Ali instantly instructed and double checked Nino's arm.

"Why are you.." Nino was about to ask only to glance down and see IV drips stuck in his arm.

Head shooting around the room, he saw doctors and nurses outside and heard and saw a heart-rate monitor, that was beeping fastly.

"Calm down! Otherwise I'll get the doctors." Ali said.

Nino instantly stopped and stared at Ali, "Why am I here?"

Ali gently held Nino's hand, "You fainted at the airport. You mentioned something about Clark? Then you just passed out. People came to help and someone called an ambulance." Ali explained.

Nino nodded, "Can we leave?"

Ali sighed, "I'll need to get a doctor to examine you first and if nothing is wrong then they'll let you go."

Nino nodded, "Can you?"

Ali nodded again and pressed a kiss against Nino's forehead. Moving to leave the room and talk to the doctor.

"Mr. Lahiffe, how is your son?" The doctor asked.

"He's awake but now he wants to leave the hospital, so I told him that you need to examine him?" Ali said but the last bit sounded more like a question.

The doctor nodded, "After a faint like that, we need to make sure that something like this won't happen again. And he's got stitches so we need to check on that."

Ali nodded, "Okay. How long until you can do the exam? He really wants out."

The doctor smiled, "Not long. In I'd say 3 hours or less."

Ali nodded, "Okay. Thanks doc."

The doctor nodded with a smile, "I'll be in a minute."

Ali nodded and went back in Nino's room.

"The doctor said in 3 hours. He needs to check your stitches and exam your head." Ali said.

"I.. have stitches?" Nino asked.

Ali nodded and pointed to Nino's arm, Nino glanced down and Nino saw a line of stitches on his arm.

"How did I.."

"When you fell your arm got caught on something and it tore through your arm." Ali explained and moving to gently show Nino his scars by moving his arm.

Suddenly the door opened, "Hello, Nino, is it?" The doctor asked.

Nino nodded.

The doctor smiled, "You gave your father a heart attack, well, I need to examine your head and make sure there are no injuries to your head. And we'll double check your stitches." He explained.

"Okay." Nino said, quietly.

The doctor smiled and turned to the nurse, "Get the head scanner ready. We'll do it in 5 minutes."

"Of course, doctor." The nurse quickly said and left.

Alright," The doctor said and walked over to the IV, "We'll need to dose you up, and you'll be fine." The doctor said.