Chapter 22

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Then why don't you just call him and get it over with once and for all?" Phuwin asked Pond, trying to keep the frustration from showing in his voice.

"I'm still thinking it over," Pond replied, looking really gloomy.

"You've been thinking it over for too long," Phuwin responded. "I say, do it now."

Phuwin grabbed Pond's phone and then realized that he didn't know Pond's password on his phone. He handed the phone back to Pond.

"Go to his name on your contact and I will be the one to tap on his number if you can't find the nerve to do it," said Phuwin.

Pond reluctantly put in his password and then handed it back to Phuwin, starting to realize that he was trusting Phuwin with his phone and worse, with important decision making.

He watched in a daze as Phuwin scrolled through his contacts and tapped on Gun's number.

Pond's heart jumped violently when he heard the ringing on the other end. Phuwin had put his phone on speaker.

Pond was about to grab his phone back from Phuwin in order to cut the call after he heard it ringing a third time without Gun taking the call.

In the middle of the fourth ring, Pond and Phuwin heard a breathless "Hello?"

Phuwin gave the phone to Pond, watching closely as Pond accepted the phone from him.

"Hello, Gun?" Pond said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes," Gun replied.

Pond swallowed hard before speaking.

"Gun, I know that this should be said in person, face to face, but I believe it's best not to wait until I have a chance to meet up with you," Pond said, feeling totally nervous now. "I believe it's best that I say it now."

"So say it," Gun challenged him.

"I would like to end our relationship officially," Pond said, somehow feeling his confidence returning when he felt Phuwin's reassuring hand coming to rest lightly on one of his shoulders.

"Yes," Gun said. "I agree. We should end our relationship."

Pond opened his mouth to try to say something more but he saw his screen go blank.

Pond's shoulders slumped. He buried his face in his hands.

Phuwin quickly sat down beside Pond and placed his arms comfortingly around Pond.

Phuwin hugged Pond for a long time before saying, "Come, I will treat you to dinner at that newly opened Philippine store at the corner."

"I'm not sure that my stomach can handle anything right now," Pond said, his face still buried in his hands.

Phuwin grunted a little bit when he lifted Pond into a standing position.

"Your stomach will thank you once you smell the delicious adobo and lumpia over at Nanay and Tatay" Phuwin said. (A/N: This is a made up restaurant name. Author does not know if it exists, and if it does, it's purely coincidental. Also Nanay and Tatay are Philippine words for mother and father)

"Let's go," Phuwin urged Pond as he grabbed his car key from the hook attached to one side of his display shelf in the living room.

Pond reluctantly allowed Phuwin to lead him out the door and towards the building parking lot where Phuwin's car was parked.

The Philippine restaurant did not disappoint.

Both Pond and Phuwin ate the adobo and lumpia dishes heartily.

A/N: The images above do not belong to me

A/N: The images above do not belong to me. They belong to the persons who uploaded them on the internet. First image is adobo, second one is lumpia.

"I didn't realize I was this hungry," Pond said with a sheepish smile as he crunched on the last piece of lumpia.

"I knew you would like the food here," Phuwin said with a big smile.

"You've tried these before?" Pond asked.

"Yes," Phuwin replied. "My mom's friend treated her and me to this place last week and I promised myself that I would come back here first chance I get."

"Good decision," Pond said approvingly as he reached for his tall glass of ice cold mango juice.

Pond had just set his glass back down on the table when he heard his phone ringing.

Pond recognized the special ring tone right away.

Phuwin's instinct was telling him that it was Gun calling even though he didn't know to whom that ring tone had been assigned by Pond.

Phuwin reached out and placed a hand on Pond's arm when he saw Pond digging into his pocket to take out his phone.

"Please don't take it," Phuwin pleaded.

Pond hesitated before sighing and taking his hand out of his pocket once more and allowing the call to go to his voice mail.

"Thank you," Phuwin said, sighing as well, but in relief.

How and when was he going to confess to Pond that his feelings for him went beyond friendship.

Was now the right time?

Phuwin signaled for the waiter to bring him the bill.

As he waited for the bill to arrive at their table, Phuwin suddenly remembered a quote that he had come across just yesterday morning when he was going through his notifications on his social media account.

The quote had said, "The best of times is NOW"

Phuwin quickly paid the bill and left a generous tip for the server.