|Four|

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

   The first thing I notice is my hands are tied tightly behind my back. The harsh robe pulling at my skin if I move the slightest bit. My arms throb uncomfortably from being in this position for God knows how long.

  It's not as uncomfortable as my ankle right now. Which is burning like a bitch.

Earlier events play in my head as I keep my eyes closed. The two men just happened to be on the road I run onto. That's just my luck. I made it painfully easy for my father to get me back.

  I felt freedom for only five minutes.

  I flutter my eyes open and wince at the pain my whole body is in. My brain feels too big for my skull as it thumps the bone rapidly over and over again. The striking pain making my eyes feel as if they can fall out of my head.

  The muscles in my body feel stiff as I unnoticeable shift in my seat. The action causing my ankle to send waves of pain up my leg.

  I wince at the fire radiating up my body.

I can only imagine all the small cuts and littering bruises from my run through the woods.

My eyes are open as I look up, but it's as if they're still closed. The darkness around me engulfing me in a eerie silence. A nasty pungent smell engulfed my senses. Causing me to curl my lips in distaste as my nose crinkles together.

  "Finally," a low rumble of a unrecognizable males voice echos throughout the tantalizing silence. My body stills at the sound. The fact that I'm tied doesn't help ease the cold blood flowing through me.

  Who knows what Carlos and James will do to me now.

Faint shuffling around the room pulls my attention toward the direction. My mouth slacks open to ask who is in here with me, but my eyes screw shut instead. A bright light fills the once pitch black room. Burning my eyes as it does so.

  I force my eyes open with rapid blinks. The white dots in my vision disappearing slowly.

His large frame starts off a a blurry figure as I blink away the fuzzy vision. His blonde hair and slightly tan complexion doesn't spark any recognition in me.

His body is cladded in a pristine navy blue suit. His eyes are staring down at me in complete annoyance as he twirls a quite large knife in the tips of his fingers.

  I wonder why I've never noticed this man around my house before. Tilting my head slightly to the left, I try to find a familiarity to him. To my surprise, I don't, and I'm left confused all over again.

  I pull my eyes off blondie to look around at the room I'm in. I knew it wasn't my room from the blatantly obvious smell. What I didn't expect was a dried dark red substance to cover most of the walls and floor.